Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 550 Refurbishment

I recently bought a bunch of relaoding stuff from a reloader who had passed away and among that stuff was a 550 and a bunch of conversions/toolheads/powder measurers etc. While the extra stuff was mostly new, the press had seen better days. I just figured that I would clean it up myself but when I found some rust in some bad places i decided to send it in to Dillon for a refurb.

I had read that you needed to pay $40 to them and that was fine. I had to call Dillon because I had a 15 year old priming punch go bad on my 650. While I was on the phone I asked about the refurb and he said it was $40 so I gave him my credit card and got a RMA #. I sent it off a week or two ago and just before it came back I noticed a $43 charge from Dillon on my card?

My initial issue with that was that I did not authorize any charges on my card. They went into thier records, got my charge info, and put that charge on the card. When I sent it in, I did not put in any instructions that said they could charge my card.

Irregardless of this, if I paid the $40 for the refurb why was I charged again? I understand that Dillon lost money on this deal and it is not really about the $. I thought I understood how the process was going to go and I am just trying to figure out what happened? Is there somethign that says if it is in really bad shape they may charge you more?

I am hoping that they just missed the fact that I had already pre-paid the $40 and when they were done with the refurb, charged me close to $40 which would have been OK if I hadn't already gotten the RMA#.

I know I need to call them but was hoping to get some info to see if there is something wrong. I was hoping Gary might pop up with some info.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

I NEVER give out my credit card number, :surprise: they rebuilded a square deal for me a few months back, I got my number and dropped a postal money order in the box inside a envelope (it was 30.00 then), and shipped it, they returned it about 3 weeks later looking like new, I think they just made a bookkeeping error on yours, call em I'll bet they make it right :wacko:

I think it was a mistake also but figured it wouldn't hurt to post it here for comments. I had never sent in a press for refurb and didn't know it cost anything either. A while back someone posted that there was a flat $40 fee which probably covers shipping back more than anything else. When I was on the line with Dillon and asked, he confirmed $40 which is certainly more than reasonable. On the tag you get it lists all the parts they replaced and what it would have cost, mine had the majority of the parts replaced and was almost $300 in parts.

Neal in AZ

Sounds like a mistake to me I would call and speak with them about it. I wasn't aware they even charged the $40. Every problem I've had the just made good.