Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MultiGun at PCSI Range, Circleville Ohio.

The Pickaway County Sportsman’s Range near Circleville, Ohio will be hosting 2 more Level 1 USPSA MultiGun matches this year. They will be held on September 7th and November 2nd. Please note that this is change from our previous schedule. Our last two matches have been well recieved. Photos from our May 4th match. 2008 MG Stage Designs For more information! Rules Overview or send me a PM.

We are going to start setup at 1-2pm on Saturday, September 6th (right after the USPSA monthly pistol match) and finish the setup the next morning at 8am. If you have some time to come to the range and help it would be greatly appreciated. This is a rather large match to setup and its success depends on your contribution.

For those who come for setup on Saturday and on Sunday morning by 8:30a you will shoot for free. If you can only come on Saturday afternoon or just for Sunday morning before the match we will discount your match fee.

Thanks!

Michael Craig

• 1 month later...
The Pickaway County Sportsman’s Range near Circleville, Ohio will be hosting 2 more Level 1 USPSA MultiGun matches this year. They will be held on September 7th and November 2nd. Please note that this is change from our previous schedule. Our last two matches have been well recieved. Photos from our May 4th match. 2008 MG Stage Designs For more information! Rules Overview or send me a PM.

We are going to start setup at 1-2pm on Saturday, September 6th (right after the USPSA monthly pistol match) and finish the setup the next morning at 8am. If you have some time to come to the range and help it would be greatly appreciated. This is a rather large match to setup and its success depends on your contribution.

For those who come for setup on Saturday and on Sunday morning by 8:30a you will shoot for free. If you can only come on Saturday afternoon or just for Sunday morning before the match we will discount your match fee.

Thanks!

Michael Craig

When will the stages be posted for the September match.

When will the stages be posted for the September match?

Hammerspring,

Working on them now. I'll send out a notice when I got them posted.

How about a round of Sporting Clays 5 stand as one of the stages?? Imagine- 25 different flying targets in one stage?? 5 birds 5 positions. Virginia Count - Fixed Time. What do you think??

Michael

When will the stages be posted for the September match?

Hammerspring,

Working on them now. I'll send out a notice when I got them posted.

How about a round of Sporting Clays 5 stand as one of the stages?? Imagine- 25 different flying targets in one stage?? 5 birds 5 positions. Virginia Count - Fixed Time. What do you think??

Michael

That sounds like a pretty good time. How about some steel with slugs?

That sounds like a pretty good time. How about some steel with slugs?

We could but our steel requires that it be sitting at 100yds. Quite a long shot for most of us using slugs with open sights. Deer hunters do it all of the time but they usually have powered scopes on their guns. You still up for it?

Michael

We could but our steel requires that it be sitting at 100yds. Quite a long shot for most of us using slugs with open sights. Deer hunters do it all of the time but they usually have powered scopes on their guns. You still up for it?

Michael

I'm not scared, but 100 yards is a looooong way for a bead on the rib, which is all I'll be using. I was thinking more along the lines of a couple of big poppers at about 60 yards. Do you think there would be a safety issue at 50-60 yards? I realize slugs are big, but we shoot 230gr bullets out of a .45 at steel that is 10 yards away. Also I'm not sure what may happen to the targets after being hit with that many slugs. I was just throwing ideas around. I'm personally not that fond of shooting slugs, but think a slug stage would be kinda cool. I'm up for whatever you put out to shoot at. (I'm sure to regret saying that)

Looking forward to the match, Mr. Craig. My friends and I shoot often at Briar Rabbit in Zanesville (action pistol & Two gun). The last PCSI Multigun was the first for everyone but myself (work). They all had perma-grin for three days afterward.lol I've even taken a vacation day on the 5th to be sure they can't make me work that weekend. See you there!

Flex,

Slugs don't dent AR500 poppers, like the ones MGM sells that are good for rifle too...

We use hanging slug plates (as well as the AR500 poppers), AR400 1/2 inch thick, 14x18 inches, from 35-100 yards.

jj

Sounds good. MC picked up a few for the club for the MG matches. (3 mini-poppers and 3 plates, IIRC)

Flex,

Slugs don't dent AR500 poppers, like the ones MGM sells that are good for rifle too...

We use hanging slug plates (as well as the AR500 poppers), AR400 1/2 inch thick, 14x18 inches, from 35-100 yards.

jj

Sounds good. MC picked up a few for the club for the MG matches. (3 mini-poppers and 3 plates, IIRC)

Here's an idea... Hook one of them up to two clam shells targets at 40 or so yards. Time them so that one opens up before the other. That will get some rocks off a few folks. B)

I wish the Owensboro crew could make the match but we'll either be on the road shooting or working.

Chris C.

The first two MG matches at Circleville have been a total blast! Well all except that prone shot & slug thing we did in the gravel last time which sucked (I bled from that one... :P ) & that damn shaky bridge! I hate that thing!! :wacko: Everything else has rocked!!! :D

Keep up the good work Michael!! I'll be there early Sunday morning to help with the setup..

CC, the club only has one clam shell type target, I believe (home-made by our man Conrad). There are a number of drop-turners that might work well in that application. Sounds kinda cool. If MC doesn't have all those poppers spoken for already...that would be neat. Oh...we have a couple of drop-turners that are setup so that one DT can activate the next DT as it turns...chain reaction. Hmmmm...

BrianS, Shaky bridge... hehe. :) Prone in the gravel? No carpet? There should be lots of pieces of carpet down there that can be put down. If not...somebody let me know. I have a number of (new) remnants that I could let the club have.

BrianS, Shaky bridge... hehe. :) Prone in the gravel? No carpet? There should be lots of pieces of carpet down there that can be put down. If not...somebody let me know. I have a number of (new) remnants that I could let the club have.

Yeah that's the one.. I thought you were going to burn that thing!! Let me know and I'll bring the gasoline.. :D

There was a hunk of carpet down on the prone shotgun stage, but everyone still managed to rip some skin off their elbows.. :)

Hey Michael - I just saw Mike McDowell on the American Rifleman TV show!! He was shooting in the FN 3-Gun match on Bruce Piatt's squad.

Edited by BrianS

CC, the club only has one clam shell type target, I believe (home-made by our man Conrad). There are a number of drop-turners that might work well in that application. Sounds kinda cool. If MC doesn't have all those poppers spoken for already...that would be neat. Oh...we have a couple of drop-turners that are setup so that one DT can activate the next DT as it turns...chain reaction. Hmmmm...

Make the drop turners a 10 point value target. It will be behoove the folks to get the points. The harder you can make the local matches the better your club will perform at the bigger ones. Get them used to seeing the crazy wack stuff. It's out there and everyone is using it. Even if you think it's off the wall crazy, throw it in there. I would like every local match to be the toughest thing I have ever shot. It makes the bigger matches a little easier. B)

Be cool,

Chris C.

You should hear some of the ideas floating around for the KY State Multigun next year....... Clays on ramps, moving clays, double floppers.... The list goes on and on. Evilness is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by Chris Conley

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's the one.. I thought you were going to burn that thing!! Let me know and I'll bring the gasoline.. :D

There was a hunk of carpet down on the prone shotgun stage, but everyone still managed to rip some skin off their elbows.. :)

Hey Michael - I just saw Mike McDowell on the American Rifleman TV show!! He was shooting in the FN 3-Gun match on Bruce Piatt's squad.

Hey Brian i just spoke with Michael and we are trying to put the bridge in the match just for you .

When will the stages be posted for the September match.

Hammerspring,

I just finished running a large match at our range so I am now officially back on track for our Sept 7 MultiGun. I have 4 of the 5 stage on paper. We are going to have 1 Virgina count, fixed time round of sporting clays on our large range(25 claybirds), 2 stages with all three guns, 1 with rifle and shotgun and 1 with pistol and rifle.

I will post a note here with a link to the stages as soon as I get them finished.

Setup will start this Sat at 2p right after the USPSA pistol match and finish up Sun at 8a. Match starts at 10a

Michael

Edited by Michael Craig

The stages and round count for this Sunday, Sept 7 MultiGun match at PCSI, Circleville are now posted at: http://www.defensivepistol.org/2008PCSIMultiGunStages.html

On Saturday, September 6th, right after the monthly USPSA pistol match we are going to start setup of the USPSA MultiGun match. We should get started around 2pm and work until 6pm or 7pm. If you only have a couple of hours free come when you can. We could really use the help. This match is run by all volunteers and the success of this match depends on your contribution.

Your match fee will be discounted $10 if you can help on Sat afternoon and another $10 if you can help with setup Sunday morning at 8am.

Thanks!

Michael