Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Much Support We Got

Nik Habicht

I really like and we're so grateful for all the support we got during the four-and-a-half months between diagnosis and funeral. Carol's mother died last Saturday from Lung Cancer. She moved in with us after her diagnosis in early February and she died here. Our employers were unbelievably great about dealing with two people who all of a sudden couldn't be scheduled predictably and who's minds were not on work even when they were present. Our relatives, those who let us invade their houses during a road trip to Florida, so that Carol's mom could visit with a brother and sister she hadn't seen in fifteen years, and those who called or visited to offer support. Carol's three kids and their spouses who picked up much of the slack and all of our friends who were always willing to listen, or to comfort us when we needed it, or who were willing to engage in activities to distract us. All of you on this forum who didn't know any of this until last week, just because it gave me a place to hang out where I didn't have to answer another well-meaning question. Those of you who responded to my anguished post in last Friday's flame war. I can't thank you all enough.

Nik, Very sorry to hear about your mother in law, Was very shocked to see it here when I was just surfing the posts. Please let Carol know both Kerry and myself have you both in our thoughts and prayers. And if there is anything we can do for you, Don't hesitate to ask, I was hoping to see you at MASC but I ended up shooting with Dave o. and Dave m. and Jim on Friday. So I hope to see you at CJ. Take my friend -Keith