Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bolen Followers and springs for 40SW Box legal mags.

Julien Boit

Hi all,

Here I am again with the question about Bolen springs.

I received my new blasters, SV with SS grips and the Rescomp and brasilian mags doesn't fit in the pistol.

They are too wide in the upper part.

So.........If the new bolen international springs are out soon, I would give it a try to have 19 rounders inside SV tubes.

Anything new ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

Here I am again with the question about Bolen springs.

I received my new blasters, SV with SS grips and the Rescomp and brasilian mags doesn't fit in the pistol.

They are too wide in the upper part.

So.........If the new bolen international springs are out soon, I would give it a try to have 19 rounders inside SV tubes.

Anything new ?

Julien would cutting the spring be an option? I'm using Bolen std springs and followers on an SV tube and I'm already getting 18. Is Bolen making new springs for those that shoot IPSC? That would be great! :cheers:

I worked a bit on the SVI frames and they now take the Brazilian mags. I also modified a 138mm Rescomp tube to get a 19 rounders. I have to test it live, but the 19 rounds fits ok, the mag is reloadable, the spring is a wolff and a SV follower recut.

I got to try it with bolen guts.

19 is possible with only SVI original parts, Red follower, +2Base pad and ISMI springs. I have one tube that is 19 reloadable and 4 that are 19 start. I tune the follower and spring but have not done anything with the mags. I'm certain that with the new low mounted sights and tuned tubes I'm going to get 20 in a box legal mag, only using SVI parts.

• 4 weeks later...
what if you just cut the 11 coils? or does the 10 coils have a new design?

I just tried this. And into different SV tubes, it lowered the capacity by one round.

What were previously easy 18 rounders became hard 17 rounders......

The last coil which is larger than the others must help to stack properly the spring inside the tube.

I put back the uncut spring and it was back to 18 rounds.

So far, for me, it's a no go.

Just to be sure………

Is anyone getting more than 18 rounds in an IPSC BOX LEGAL SVI mag using bolen springs and followers? I got 18 today none reloadable using SVI red follower, SVI mag body and a local base pad that is very similar to Dawsons international base pad. The spring I am not sure of, but it has a square spring shoe.

• 3 weeks later...
Just to be sure………

Is anyone getting more than 18 rounds in an IPSC BOX LEGAL SVI mag using bolen springs and followers? I got 18 today none reloadable using SVI red follower, SVI mag body and a local base pad that is very similar to Dawsons international base pad. The spring I am not sure of, but it has a square spring shoe.

I get 19 rounds in the Rescomp mags using bolen springs and followers.

Somethimes I have a round stucked below the follower.

Can I resolve this problem?

Hello: If you getting a round under the follower then the mag is too wide. I don't know what the Rescomp tubes look like but if they are full width at the bottom that is your problem. You may have to crimp the tube at the bottom so the follower does not roll over. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Does your follower still have the pad that activates the slide stop ?

I trimmed it on one follower and the results was the follower to twist and have a cartridge stuck between the follower and the mag body (in a Rescomp tube).

I put another one, unmodified, and the problem goes away.

BTW, is there any way to contact Bolen to have some news about those famous 10 coils springs ?

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...