Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accomplished my big IDPA goal!

Well as of this past weekend I have accomplished my major IDPA goal... Master ranking in all 3 semiauto divisions of IDPA. Now it isn't all 5, but revolvers will have to come later in life. I got my first master by winning CDP/EX at the GA state match last fall and being bumped. SSP Master came from shooting a classifier to start shooting that division, and now ESP/MA from a nice decisive victory of ESP/EX at the Carolina Cup.

It took me 13 months from the time I picked up a 1911 for CDP Master, and now 9 months to finish the other two. Before the 1911, I had about 2 years of plinking with my dad and a Glock 19 followed by 6 or so months of being serious with a Glock 34. All added up it has been about 2 and a half years from my first IDPA match until now.

CDP Master came with shooting a Kimber 1911 while the other two were with a Glock 34. My new goal is the M card in Production and take division champ at a state/regional match. Enough bragging, back to work!

Congratulations on achieving that goal. I bet it felt like christmas morning from the time you fired the last shot till you got it all added up.

That is also one of my long term goals. I have ESP and CDP to pick up from expert to Master, then go to work on the revolvers.

Short term is to make it through nationals without shooting below my abilities.