Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to the forum

Anubis

Hi everyone!

I've been checkin this forum out for the last few days and I must admit its fairly addictive :)

My Dad, who's on this forum as GentlemanJim, introduced me to this a couple days ago and I'm

glad he did, this is definitely a great place full of all kinds of good stuff :)

My name is Chris and I'll admit I've never shot in a competition match before, although I've

handled firearms pretty much my entire life. I'm currently stationed in England with the US Air

Force, but I'm going to be going home for the month of August and I hope to possibly shoot a

match with my parents. I certainly believe it'll be more of a challenge than the qualification

shoots we do for the AF :)

Hey Chris,

Welcome! I look forward to meeting you at the match...you'll enjoy it. Just be sure to do the opposite of what your Dad does and you'll be fine ;) I'm also a former AF vet and I was lucky enough to spend a few days at Mildenhall about ten years ago and thought it was pretty cool....man, I'm dating myself now! R,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

I am still in my first year of shooting myself. My only experience before was qualifying w/ the M-16 (which I did horribly in) before I was suddenly inspired to take a CCW class. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was trying my first IDPA match with just a simple goal not to accidentally shoot my foot. Meeting such great folks opened me to a competitive friendly activity where I didn't need to worry about status or natural ability. As long as I had a gun and ammo I was all set.

A year later I'm still in and still motivated than ever to participate in as many matches as possible. I recently had to qualify with the M-16 again before I got sent overseas. Even though I don't really shoot rifles at all, the fundamentals that I learned from USPSA/IDPA matches was enough to get me Expert. Just two years ago I could barely qualify, now I was four shots from getting a perfect score. It was a great feeling to know that I improved all around.

Qualifying M-16/M-9 does not give you nearly as much adrenaline as competitive shooting does (though I'm not complaining, getting free bullets to shoot during work hours is fine with me). I think the only thing holding me back from doing another tour in Japan or Europe are the gun regulations, I'm addicted!

Stay safe and have fun!

• 1 month later...

Welcome Chris, I just started shooting in IDPA a few months ago. The addiction grows! I'm going to start shooting in the 3 Gun Matches in Sept so of course I had to get an AR. I decide to go with a JP Rifle. I'm thoroughly enjoying shooting this gun. I spent 10 years in the Air Force and really appreciate your service to our country. Stay safe and shoot straight!

John