Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627 V-comp question

vrmn1

Does anyone know off the top of their head what the dove tail is on the front sight of the v-comp guns?

I was told once that it was the same as a millet front rifle sight. Don't take that to the bank though.

Does anyone know off the top of their head what the dove tail is on the front sight of the v-comp guns?

I was told once that it was the same as a millet front rifle sight. Don't take that to the bank though.

That's was I was told, in fact I bought one that fit the dovetail but the blade was too narrow. Pinnacle Custom modified the stock one for me making it FO. It was inexpensive and quick. Best option IMO

Edited by TMC

That's was I was told, in fact I bought one that fit the dovetail but the blade was too narrow. Pinnacle Custom modified the stock one for me making it FO. It was inexpensive and quick. Best option IMO

Could you post a picture or send it to me of your front sight. I thought about doing the same thing myself.

I did the same as above (including Pinnacle) and started the original thread years ago. I was told at the time that it was a shotgun front dovetail and that was as far as I ever got.

If I were to start over now, I would call Smith and ask for Gene Sypek. Since the gun is back in production, the knowledge should be there and/or you might persuade them to produce something

Edited by underlug

Tony, did you pick up a 627 V-Comp? If not, you can look at mine, and maybe solve the "Dovetail Riddle" once and for all...let me know...HTH....mikey357

Hey guys, Can you post a picture of the fiber optic sight they made for you. I am trying to get one for mine.

Thanks,

Greg Q

Tony, did you pick up a 627 V-Comp? If not, you can look at mine, and maybe solve the "Dovetail Riddle" once and for all...let me know...HTH....mikey357

Yes Mike I did. Just yesterday. I will have it a steel in a couple of weeks.

And plan on using it for ICORE.

Yes Mike I did. Just yesterday. I will have it a steel in a couple of weeks.

And plan on using it for ICORE.

G'day guys

Ive posted these pics before but here they are again.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/M.../VCOMPFRONT.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/M...M/VCOMPSIDE.jpg

The sight is the same length as the flat on the top of the barrel.

Mike

Edited by MIKE MSM