Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Information Please

C.I.Shooter

if you don't have large hands you should make sure you try before you buy. the trigger reach is fairly long. i had issues with the d/a reach until i changed to the aluminum grips. now i am a happy camper!

I bought my SP01 Custom Shop from Angus last year, but will have it up in the classifieds soon, as I have decided to stick with shooting my Limited pistol until I reached my destination of B class. It is the most accurate pistol I own hands down, but transitioning from DA to SA is still proving problematic for me on mid to long range opening shots.

ETA: Didn't mean to drift your thread, but the trigger that Angus put on mine is exceptionally fine. A super short reset after a smooth even take up. I wouldn't hesitate recommend him to work on your CZ at all. Slick stuff.

Edited by ChrisStock

Well, looks like the trade deal may have fallen through so I am back to the drawing board. If will try again to sell the G34 then just look to buy something. I am really thinking I like the CZ platform but have to decide how much money I can spend. I hate to drop too much given that I am just starting in this. I see a lot of CZ75Bs out there for pretty cheap. Might have to go this route.

• 2 months later...
I am looking to switch out of my Glock 34. It is a great gun, a dream to shoot, cheap and easy to work on, but I just can't get used to the grip angle. If it is all I shoot I can start to index well with it, but mixing it with my other guns causes me to point high. I want to shoot in production.

Thanks!

You might want to take a look at the M&P Pro or 9L. Its closer to your G34 than the Sig or the CZ but with a different grip angle that will play well with your other guns. Cheaper too plus they are pretty easy to work on and setup for production.

Not that the SP01 isn't a great gun, I almost bought one myself!

Edited by Filishooter

I am looking to switch out of my Glock 34. It is a great gun, a dream to shoot, cheap and easy to work on, but I just can't get used to the grip angle. If it is all I shoot I can start to index well with it, but mixing it with my other guns causes me to point high. I want to shoot in production.

Thanks!

You might want to take a look at the M&P Pro or 9L. Its closer to your G34 than the Sig or the CZ but with a different grip angle that will play well with your other guns. Cheaper too plus they are pretty easy to work on and setup for production.

Not that the SP01 isn't a great gun, I almost bought one myself!

was playing with a friend's M&P L that had just come back from Dan Burwell..very impressed with the way it shot..muzzle flip was pretty minimal..easy to track the front sight, trigger and reset was very nice..

• 1 month later...

Thinking about an SP-01 ??

I'm coming out of an S_I and want to play Prod.. I've shot XD's in Prod. before but

after the S_I the grip safety does not work for me anymore, besides I like the full dust cover weight idea !!

Whats the hot model, decocker or manual ? And what about the Phantom ? Still looks to have

some meat to it but I dont see it on the appr. list ???

I've also looked at the EAA ?? Any opinions ?? Why are they soooo cheap $$ ??

hot model is the Shadow..no firing pin block, higher cut under the beavertail and triggerguard.

otherwise will depend on what you are more comfortable with as a procedure for you LAMR and decock.

personally..the decocker is in the sport where my thumbs are in my grip so that is a no go for me.

the manual safety version are slightly easier to get apart and work on.

Ok ??? So is there a difference between the Shadow and the manual safety ??

I've seen guns with the word Shadow on the slide and without ??

So what about the Phantom ?? Any expirience ??

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

yes...

Shadow has no firing pin block, higher cut under trigger guard and beavertail. comes with ext ambi safeties, ext. mag release, fiber optic front sight and comp style rear sight.

The manual safety version has FPB, std ambi safeties, usually night sights.

Have not shot a phantom but from I have been told, shoots nice..but more flip and recoil than the steel models..as expected..

decocker, two different backstraps.

Thanks alot !! So you tell about this special cookie and how much better this

cookie is then the rest. Then you tell me there no more cookies left for you !! :roflol:

What a friend !! :lol:

I'll look around see what I can find ...

Thanks alot !! So you tell about this special cookie and how much better this

cookie is then the rest. Then you tell me there no more cookies left for you !! :roflol:

What a friend !! :lol:

I'll look around see what I can find ...

I can't even afford the cookie, if there was a cookie to buy... :ph34r: