Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Might try IDPA, and I have questions

HitEcRedNek

My club shoots an occiasional Idpa/Ipsc type match, with loose rules.

I'm wanting to get more serious, and have found an Idpa club within driving distance, so now for my questions:

1-is a Series 80 Colt 1911 in .38 super ok for ESP?

2-how does the recoil of a .38 super handload that just makes the power factor compare to a factory 9mm?

3-when they say carbine match, is that open to .223 or just pistol calibers? What AR is best for 9mm? for 223?

4-would an M-1 Carbine be ok (I'm not really into "tactical" black guns)

5-in SSR, how do you wear your speedloaders?

that'll do for now, thanks!

My club shoots an occiasional Idpa/Ipsc type match, with loose rules.

I'm wanting to get more serious, and have found an Idpa club within driving distance, so now for my questions:

1-is a Series 80 Colt 1911 in .38 super ok for ESP?

2-how does the recoil of a .38 super handload that just makes the power factor compare to a factory 9mm?

3-when they say carbine match, is that open to .223 or just pistol calibers? What AR is best for 9mm? for 223?

4-would an M-1 Carbine be ok (I'm not really into "tactical" black guns)

5-in SSR, how do you wear your speedloaders?

that'll do for now, thanks!

1-Yes

2-bout the same

3-no carbine match in IDPA so it would depend on the club rules

4-see above

5-two in front of holster in proper carrier one behind. Bladetech makes carriers.

Have fun.

Hello: At our local club carbine match the guys use AR's,AK's and real carbines. Many shoot 9mm as well. They use differnt targets and scoring systems depending on who puts on the match. Some of the guys are using a rifle upper with a Glock pistol lower in 9mm. I can't remember the brand name but they seem to shoot well and are cheaper top shoot than 223 right now. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

5-two in front of holster in proper carrier one behind. Bladetech makes carriers.

One minor clarification. IDPA HQ has stated that if revolver shooters want to wear their spare ammo carriers one in front/two behind instead of two in front/one behind, or even put them all three on the offhand side like auto pistol shooters carry their spare mags, they may. However, if you're going to put them on the offhand side, they all have to be behind the centerline of the body. If the argument is, "I should be able to carry my speedloaders like an auto pistol shooter carries his spare magazines," then you've got to carry your speedloaders like an auto pistol shooter carries his spare magazines.

I forgot one-

is it ok (or even legal) to shoot in more than one division at a match?

(I would only be able to make it to a few matches a season, so would want to get the most out of each one. )

:goof:

ps,

So, does Brian Enos really post here? What is his screen name?

:bow:

I forgot one-

(I would only be able to make it to a few matches a season, so would want to get the most out of each one. )

ps,

Shooting multiple in a single match will get you no score my local club use to double run morn and noon

you could switch back and fourth .

Hmm Brian Enos user name is Brian Enos hahah or maybe just BE.

great guy if you need a reloader need to find his web store link at top.

Great down to earth guy i think we chatted an hour when i orderd mine on the phone

• 3 weeks later...

The stock Sp 01 is a liitle too heavy for IDPA (can't be over 39 ounces with an empty mag) I got mine to 38.6 oz. by switching to the plastic grips and using the 10 rounds mags. With the 18 rounders mine is exactly 39oz.

If you are just shooting a local club match I don't think there would be much of a problem with a gun that's a little over weight though.

I forgot one-

ps,

Shooting multiple in a single match will get you no score my local club use to double run morn and noon

you could switch back and fourth .

Hmm Brian Enos user name is Brian Enos hahah or maybe just BE.

great guy if you need a reloader need to find his web store link at top.

Great down to earth guy i think we chatted an hour when i orderd mine on the phone

With us, only the first score counts.

• 1 month later...

It's amazing on a friendly gun forum like this people hide what STATE they are even from.... someone may shoot local and not even know to help you... by putting the state in profile's maybe it would help... just a suggestion.

the SPO1 matt mink had some brilliant lightening ways to shoot it in IDPA. do a search he posts here and can help you.

Shadow version doesn't matter it's the same as the other as far as the IDPA rule book is concerned.