Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 guide rod for IPSC production

DVC9MAJ

I'll be shooting IPSC production (not USPSA) w/ my glock 22, and planning to replace the guide rod and spring to ss guide rod(not tungsten)and 13# spring due to reduce load at about 130-135pf. Is it legal for IPSC?thanks.

Well, if someone would CHEAT, I think that would do the following:

-Ensure that gun is clear and pull slide open using slide stop.

-Using a flat nose pliers, use the dust cover front to do leverage, and pull out the guide rod plug. It' snugly press fitted, don't overdo otherwise you will chip it or broke.

-Install a flat-wire 13lbs ISMI spring in stock guide rode

-keeping slide open, re-install guide rod plug

I certainly don't advocate bending the rule, that is just for information purpose.

Beware that R.O are going more and more nazi in production division, in my area (Italy) R.O. check trigger pull, mag capacity,external mods and slide springs at every match, even at club level.

Hope it helps.

Beware that R.O are going more and more nazi in production division, in my area (Italy) R.O. check trigger pull, mag capacity,external mods and slide springs at every match, even at club level.

Hope it helps.

That is probably because people are cheating...and calling them a nazi for trying to ensure that everybody follows the same set of rules. <_<

Keep in mind this all just applies to Production Division.

You can do dang near anything to the gun and it will fit somewhere. Shucks, there're Open Glocks, nowadays. What's the world coming to?

Edited by Cherryriver

it just makes no sense to have 19 round mags, race holsters and its illegal to tamper with the recoil spring

Only allowed to load 10 per mag in Production though, right?

I agree that race holsters, like the DOH, kind of seem out of place in Production class.

I'd like to be able to use plastic slug plugs, because I use them on carry guns, but they're not allowed either.

Edited by Suburban Commando

it just makes no sense to have 19 round mags, race holsters and its illegal to tamper with the recoil spring

I agree that race holsters, like the DOH, kind of seem out of place in Production class.

I'd like to be able to use plastic slug plugs, because I use them on carry guns, but they're not allowed either.

IPSC Production allows high cap mags (except in Canada). A CZ-75 SP-01 can start the stage with more rounds than most Standard (IPSC Limited) guns. And the DOH is not a race holster. What Harmon (I assume) is referring to is holsters like the CR Speed and Ghost holster that are allowed in IPSC Production.

IPSC Production allows high cap mags (except in Canada). A CZ-75 SP-01 can start the stage with more rounds than most Standard (IPSC Limited) guns. And the DOH is not a race holster. What Harmon (I assume) is referring to is holsters like the CR Speed and Ghost holster that are allowed in IPSC Production.

Are IPSC Production rules different than USPSA Production rules?

The DOH isn't much use as a concealed carry holster, therefor, in my opinion, it is a race holster. I see your point on the CR Speed/Ghost holsters though.

Edited by Suburban Commando

Are IPSC Production rules different than USPSA Production rules?

The DOH isn't much use as a concealed carry holster, therefor, in my opinion, it is a race holster. I see your point on the CR Speed/Ghost holsters though.

Yes to the first question.....

So a Safariland 070, a fairly common police duty holster is a race holster, because not many people use it for concealed carry? :P

• 2 weeks later...

You can now. Amadon just came out with a ruling on this. The thread on it is should be in the new posts as of today.