Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Texas Summer Shootout

Calling all shooters!

River City Shooters Club is proud to present their annual Texas Summer Shootout. This USPSA match will be a cash-back format, returning 40% of the $55 entry fee based on the guidelines found in the registration form at www.rivercityshooters.org.

New this year, we are waiving the $30 non cash-back portion of the entry fee for Grand Master and Master level shooters with an option to “build” their own purse for the match…they can contribute $25 or more to their own purse which will then be paid back 100% based on their overall finish as compared to all GM / M shooters.

Classified USPSA and IDPA shooters will be paid based on their division / class participation as outlined in the registration form at www.rivercityshooters.org. Please present your current USPSA or IDPA classification card at sign-in to remain eligible for cash-back.

Un-classified? Come on out and join in the fun…this match is available to you as a non cash-back event for just $30!

Be sure to pre-register by June 15th to secure one of the 80 slots available…all paying pre-registered shooters will receive a FREE embroidered hat! Lunch will be available for $5 per plate (hot dogs, beans, chips, & drink) and additional drinks (water, soft drinks, Gatorade) will be available at the concession.

After the match, there will be a drawing for a match refund, don’t miss out!

Check out the club’s website, www.rivercityshooters.org, for additional news and updates…see you on the range!

David von Mosch

2008 President

River City Shooters Club

President@rivercityshooters.org

702 Richland Hills

P.O. Box 761297

San Antonio, Texas 78245-2145

www.rivercityshooters.org

Hey, Dave - so... explain this whole GM/M "build your own purse" thing?? Do we send cash/check to build the purse w/ our app, or is this something we do at the match, amongst ourselves, or???

If I send an app today, as a GM, do I just send you the app, and no check?

Hey, Dave - so... explain this whole GM/M "build your own purse" thing?? Do we send cash/check to build the purse w/ our app, or is this something we do at the match, amongst ourselves, or???

If I send an app today, as a GM, do I just send you the app, and no check?

Dave,

You would just send in the app with no check...we will try to keep each of the GM/M shooters appraised of how many/who is participating so that you all have an opportunity to coordinate whether or not you want to create your own pot. The "build your own purse" concept is a completely new idea that Wayne Ho proposed and seems to be akin to creating a "side bet". To be honest, we are not sure what to expect, but you can get in touch with Wayne to pick his brain on what exactly he had in mind...his e-mail is USPSA@rivercityshooters.org. I look forward to seeing you there!

David

<_< Sportsman's Team Challenge will be finished by thin.... <_<:unsure:

So the way the web page reads is that I send in my M class entry with -No match Fee- ? shouldn't it say /or be just the $30 fee for GM & M shooters?

Edited by AlamoShooter

Ok, thanks! App in the mail tomorrow ;)

Not only will it be fun in its own right, but it'll be a great A1 warmup match, too :)

<_< OK :unsure: I will buy in to build the purse up. ? stage side bets too? :o I will look at as the cost of learning ;)

You're correct, Jamie - no entry fee. Just send 'em your app....

I suggested to Wayne that he consider a "skins" format for the GM/M match. My thinking being that it would stress individual stage performance, instead of overall match performance - encourage everyone to push hard on every stage, adding the risk/reward factor and all that. Eight stages - if everyone wanted to go $40, that'd be a $5 skin on each stage. $20 would be $2.50, or whatever. I would imagine that this would be a division based thing, too.

If you're not familiar w/ skins, let me know ;) Basically, the match winner may not take home any money if they don't win any stages... ;)

You're correct, Jamie - no entry fee. Just send 'em your app....

I suggested to Wayne that he consider a "skins" format for the GM/M match. My thinking being that it would stress individual stage performance, instead of overall match performance - encourage everyone to push hard on every stage, adding the risk/reward factor and all that. Eight stages - if everyone wanted to go $40, that'd be a $5 skin on each stage. $20 would be $2.50, or whatever. I would imagine that this would be a division based thing, too.

If you're not familiar w/ skins, let me know ;) Basically, the match winner may not take home any money if they don't win any stages... ;)

I am glad you posted in - I talked with Wayne today , and your Idea is great and something will happen at the match.

$5 a stages is a good start, I may have a chance at a stage win IF I pick up my speed. And It is a great way to walk the razors edge.

Pay to Play & every lesson has it's Price ;)

Jamie

Kevin, I submitted 3 stage designs to Wayne Ho, Match Director, that have a Cooper tunnel(s) but don't know yet if he will be selecting one.

If there is sufficient interest in a SKINS format for the GM/M's I think I could get the club to sweeten the pot by adding maybe $10 for each stage. That plus whatever the GM/M's decide to throw in could make for some interesting results. In fact, next year we might want to look at a SKINS format for all divisions/classes instead of just a payback for overall finish.

GM/M's - I think it is clear by now but just in case...the No Cash Back match is FREE for all GM/M entries so you just need to send in your completed entry form (no money). Then if the GM/M's want to build their purse/format, they will be able to do so in whatever amount they want. Plan was to squad all GM/M's together but now it looks like we will be using an open squading format.

The link on the home page to the Summer Shootout has been fixed to only point to the Summer Shootout page. There was an overlay problem that depending on where you clicked you might have been routed to the wrong page. Sorry about that.

Get those entry forms in!

<_< Open Squad...? I was going to buy in to the pot for the education privilege of shooting with Super Dave Re

Come on now Jamie - all of us non-M/GM guys need some education too - :lol:

Quick Question - can we sign up day of match or is pre-registration mandatory?

I'd like to shoot this one if work doesn't interfere.

Registration is recommended to ensure yourself a slot but you can sign up the day of the match. Just keep in mind that we will limit the number of shooters on Sunday to about 80 (yes we'd go over a few to acommodate folks but there will have to be a limit). If you email me no later than 8:00pm on Saturday, 6/21, I'll email you back on whether there are still slots available. But even with that, if we have a large number of walk-ups on Sunday morning.....

email: treasurer@rivercityshooters.com

Jaime, though it will likely be open squading, I assume the M/GM's would want to group together if they decide to have a pot, especially if it is a SKINS format. As the club treasurer, I'd be willing to hold the pot and distribute it according to what the M/GM's decide - up to you all.

the education privilege of shooting with Super Dave Re

:rolleyes:

It would be more entertaining if we could all squad up together - the skins format really becomes interesting, then. I imagine maybe not every GM/M would want to play? I guess we'll see... ;) They need to be harassed if not, though :D

the education privilege of shooting with Super Dave Re

:rolleyes:

It would be more entertaining if we could all squad up together - the skins format really becomes interesting, then. I imagine maybe not every GM/M would want to play? I guess we'll see... ;) They need to be harassed if not, though :D

Harassed! :sight: That would be the best part

At the Shooters Meeting we'll let the M/GM's that want to participate decide the format (skins?) and squading for the participants. Personally I think it would be neat and fun to have all squaded together using a skins format (but then I ain't no M/GM).

See ya'll 6/22. Remember, this is an earlier start than normal - hammer down at 9:00 am not 10:00 am.

Registration is recommended to ensure yourself a slot but you can sign up the day of the match. Just keep in mind that we will limit the number of shooters on Sunday to about 80 (yes we'd go over a few to acommodate folks but there will have to be a limit). If you email me no later than 8:00pm on Saturday, 6/21, I'll email you back on whether there are still slots available. But even with that, if we have a large number of walk-ups on Sunday morning.....

email: treasurer@rivercityshooters.com

Sounds good - I'll shoot you an e-mail the day before to see where you stand on entrants.

Thanks,

Doug

One more question - will all Divisions compete heads up against each other for the Cash Back program?

Will A Class Open compete against all other A Class shooters (Lim, L10, Prod, SS, and Rev)

OR

Will each Division compete only against itself - A Class Open only competes against other A Class Open?

ETA: I looked at the entry form again and didn't see an answer to my question.

Thanks,

Doug

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

One more question - will all Divisions compete heads up against each other for the Cash Back program?

Will A Class Open compete against all other A Class shooters (Lim, L10, Prod, SS, and Rev)

OR

Will each Division compete only against itself - A Class Open only competes against other A Class Open?

ETA: I looked at the entry form again and didn't see an answer to my question.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

The payout will be broken down by class within each division...A class open will only compete against A class open, etc. Hopefully that clears things up; if not, shoot me an e-mail at President@rivercityshooters.org. Thanks!

David von Mosch

2008 President

River City Shooters Club

www.rivercityshooters.org

President@rivercityshooters.org