Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rf-100 noise and time

How long does it take for the rf-100 to work through a box of primers? Is it loud while it works?

Mine usually takes around a minute depending how smooth everything goes.

Loud? That's subjective. But, I wouldn't turn it on in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep.

No matter what though, it was definitely worth it.

Gary

It takes 2min to load or under. Yes, it is noisy, but no more than say a vaccum or something like that. I do get my tubes loaded before the kids go to bed so I can load a little more when everyone is in bed.

It is nice to be able to turn it on, leave for a little bit, and come back with a loaded tube though......

DougC

I do get my tubes loaded before the kids go to bed so I can load a little more when everyone is in bed.

Tubes? Do you have multiple of the red/blue tubes to fill, or are you transferring to the primer pickup tubes?

I do get my tubes loaded before the kids go to bed so I can load a little more when everyone is in bed.

Tubes? Do you have multiple of the red/blue tubes to fill, or are you transferring to the primer pickup tubes?

I transfer mine to the standard pickup tubes. I usually do a thousand at a time. Makes things much faster.

Gary

nope, just the regular primer pickup tubes that Dillon sells...I fill them out of the Primer tube assy from the RF 100 and then set them in a storage rack I made right by the press.

great idea

nope, just the regular primer pickup tubes that Dillon sells...I fill them out of the Primer tube assy from the RF 100 and then set them in a storage rack I made right by the press.

great idea

What's the reason to fill a second set of tubes? I dump the tube from the RF100 into the machine, throw another box in the RF and before I load the 100 primers I just put in the loader, the tube has been refilled and it's ready to go again.

Good question.....that is the way I have always done it?...... :D

I have always loaded up at least 1K of primers and loaded straight through, just seems to flow better and once I get going I dont like to stop. To me dicking with the primer loader every 100 or so would just interupt what I am trying to do....

Just another way to do it...

DougC

Good question.....that is the way I have always done it?...... :D

I have always loaded up at least 1K of primers and loaded straight through, just seems to flow better and once I get going I dont like to stop. To me dicking with the primer loader every 100 or so would just interupt what I am trying to do....

Just another way to do it...

DougC

I do it this way too, but only have 5 extra tubes. That gives me 700 primers before I need to stop. 100 in the machine, 100 in the RF tube and 500 in the extra tubes. Makes for continuity.

Works for me.