Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trophies...

rvb

(thread drift on)

Here's a story of a NO CLASS MD... just for example... at a state match.

This clown drew his own name out of the hat first when the prize table was opened and helped himself to a Springfiled 1911.

Now--- obviously it could have been major league luck... but..... it sure smelled funny.

IMO if he was MD and doing the drawing he should have never had a ticket in the hat... and if he did... he should have passed on the prize table.

(thread drift off)

(thread drift on)

Here's a story of a NO CLASS MD... just for example... at a state match.

This clown drew his own name out of the hat first when the prize table was opened and helped himself to a Springfiled 1911.

Now--- obviously it could have been major league luck... but..... it sure smelled funny.

IMO if he was MD and doing the drawing he should have never had a ticket in the hat... and if he did... he should have passed on the prize table.

(thread drift off)

I agree....I did although it was just crummy XD. :roflol:

TR

I think the real purpose of the DC award is to award shooters who beat everone in their class. Hypothetically, if other classes never beat Master class shooters, there probably would not be such an award. But, you have many expert shooters who can shoot a great match and beat the Masters. Therefore, its only fair for them to have an award that says " I beat everyone in my class within the same division"! On the flip side, I think the DC should also get the first place award as well.

I am not sure how I feel about awarding special catagory prizes to just one person.. either award to third place or within each classificatiion.

Ok let me try to get this straight as I haven't shot a major IDPA match yet. You have 4 classes in a division. So you'll typically have 1st-3rd in those 4 classes if enough people show up. Then your going to have a Divison Champ right? If that is the case there should be a division champ for that division as he/she beat everybody in that division regardless of class. Then you'll have 1st-3rd in your class. If that is the way it works it sound perfectly ok to me.

Now are we some assuming that the 1st MA is always going to be DC? We all know that isn't going to happen all the time. One class is going to have the DC in it and yes technically they would be 2nd in there class getting a 1st place trophy but because the DC went above and beyond and beat all you suckers :P he gets to go to the top of the heap and then you get to finish 1st in your class.

If that is the case there should be a division champ for that division as he/she beat everybody in that division regardless of class. Then you'll have 1st-3rd in your class. If that is the way it works it sound perfectly ok to me.

That's how it works. Sounds perfectly okay to me, too.