Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pinless Ghost Holsters Back In Stock!

MattBurkett

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really liking mine . Thanks Matt . I had been using the CR speed which is also a great holster , but the pinless ghost has it beat for speed. I am using the CR speed versi-hanger with it ,as I have found I could get it in a little better position slightly farther for my hip. Had my fastest draw to date with it today at .73. Love it !

Bill

Is the NEW ghost better than the NEW limcat? I've read posts about each but none compares the new versions.

I've looked at both pics and the ghost appears to have a better support structure for your gun.

Thanks

Peter

holst3a2.jpgSTEALTH02_sm.jpg

I just switched from an old Unversal to the new Ghost and I love it. The one I got is made of a polymer material. The only thing that I did not like about it was the bottom of the block - it had sharp square edges on it. I draw by coming up the back of the holster so that was a bit painful at first. No problem, though. I rounded it off and polished it with a Dremmel. Per Matt's suggestion, I also relieved it around the trigger guard. This way when I draw I am touching nothing but the gun. It is really smooth and fast. Even if I forget to unlock it, the lock is in a position where I can flip it off during the draw. Very easy. I like it. Take care.

Jack

Personally I think it is very smooth and fast. I don;t feel any resistance on my gun at all..I love the retention it offers too. I have uses safariland stuff for a long time and looked long and hard when I finally made a switch to this holster..

A friend who just bought the pinless model (ex-kydex user) commented that once in a while he feels some binding when he draws. Hopefully I can check it out this weekend and see for myself how it really is compared to the other speed rigs (not that I have a lot of experience with other rigs :D). I'm thinking of getting one myself.

The new models I've seen here seems different cosmetically. The face of the holster has a checkered look. Is this what you guys call the carbon fiber?

Thanks.

Yes , it has a carbon fiber look to the face of the holster that is facing out..I found I liked grinding the bottom of the holster down a little to the same level as the bottom of the trigger guard; so when I get my grip my hand is in the right contact on the frame. I don't feel and resisitence on mine but I took some fine emery and sanded the inside of the holster and the outside surface of my trigger guard..made it very slick...anyway...cool holster..nice for both the open and limited guns..before I needed two safarilands setup for two guns..

I have tried both the original Limcat and the original Ghost (with pin). They both seem to work great with the STI/SV guns, or any other gun with a plastic trigger guard (Glock). They both tend to bind on a steel framed gun. My Limcat would bind on all of my Paras, Colts, and Springfield. I bought a Ghost and drilled holes in two of my guns for the pin. It binds on both of those. If you don't get the draw just right, you might as well have left the lock engaged. Instant holster-wedgie.:(

I did just buy a CR 2000 and love it. It holds the gun when it's supposed to. It has a positive locking feature. It releases it when it's supposed to. I think I still get a smoother draw from my Safariland, but I don't trust it when I'm walking around. I have to tie the gun down with a sissy-strap when I'm not shooting. I imagine I'll get better with the CR when I've had a chance to shoot it a little more.

I'm guessing the binding on steel-framed guns is because of the thin-sharp edge trigger guard? A non-optimal draw at an angle may prevent the ball from being depressed, binding the gun in the holster?

My friend is using it in his Bul-storm w/c is also steel-framed. He's still fiddling with the proper position to set the holster to minimize the occurence of the binding.

BTW, if you already have the model with the pin (and the hole in your gun's trigger guard), does the new one offer something better?

Thanks.

Garrett,

The "Orignal" Ghost was made from a polymer material and, IMO, is one of the smoothest speed holsters. I have 2 and they do not bind on anything. Sounds like you tried the one made from metal. I did not like those either.

Yeah,

Mine's the Aluminum holster. If I remember correctly, the Limcat was some kind of plastic/polymer material and it would bind as well.

I did take a file and sandpaper to my trigger guard and removed any sharp edges. I would also wipe down the inside of the holster and the trigger guard with a silicone rag. These all seemed to help, but would not cure the problem 100%. I'm thinking of selling the Ghost now that I have a CR. I am thinking about getting Ghost for a Glock, though.