Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to BUY 38 super major ammo

A friend of a friend just got a Trubor Grandmaster (neither the friend nor his friend shoot uspsa) and needs some 38 Super ammo that makes major or is at least relatively hot to work the comp. They've been shooting it with some Federal or Winchester factory 38 Super, but it's not pushing the kind of gas volume USPSA guys like.

Who are some of the sources to buy 38 super loaded major?

Thanks,

Mitch

As far as I know you can't. You have to load it yourself. For the most part the loads we use are well above SAAMI spec's to make Major with 38 Super. The only factory load that I have seen that might be going fast enough uses too lite of a bullet to be used. Nope come to think of it that load was Minor as well. We normally load 120 to 125 grain bullets going at 1400 FPS or faster.

Brian

I guess it depends on how fast you need. Is there a rating for the comp? What I mean is does it have to make 175 power factor and something that makes 165 PF won't get the comp to run or would it be safer to assume that all comps are different as well as all bullet/powder/oal combinations are different and it depends.

Anyways, check out the Corbon stuff. Expensive but at least one possibly two (DPX) of the 38 super +p 125gr loads makes 165 power factor. corbon 38 super +p or the DPX load (125gr)

Mitch, I'm not 100% but I think your friend could drive up to Adventure Sports in Lynnwood (probably call first) as they might actually have one of these loads in stock (possibly).

Edited by Albert

+1 on Atlanta Arms.

You won't find a better/easier gentleman to deal with and the prices are really great too. Comparing component costs I don't know how he can do it. As a side note, he loads the ammo the World Champion AMU team is using, and you can buy the same stuff Max Michel Jr. is using from Atlanta Arms.

USPSA has made a deal with a company to produce Match Quality ammo for members.

Contact them at...www.precisiondelta.com

Richard

Precision Delta didn't have 38 super listed on the site. I told Long (my buddy) to call them and ask. I'll also recommend he check out Adventure Sports locally and Atlanta Arms.

Thanks guys!

Mitch