Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

-Lastly, the thing I've most consistently noticed is that the b.s.-er's are far more inclined to carry on their conversation than assist with picking brass, setting steel, and pasting targets.

Truer words were never spoken.

:cheers:

Agree with all of the above. Especially the one voice that stands out because he is hard of hearing to begin with and with muffs on he talks louder :angry2:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i never have a problem turning off the peanut gallery when i'm shooting, really don't hear them at all, if i don't want to. how you could hear them over the sound of any gun, open in particular, is beyond me. i think concentration is a big part of this sport, the zen thing and all. it does bother me alot if i see somebody pasting targets out of the corner of my eye, or an RO in the wrong place. have definitely seen that, even at big matches. that's definitely wrong.

...how you could hear them over the sound of any gun, open in particular, is beyond me....

Talking while shooting is not the issue. It's the talking between the LAMR and the BEEP. When the shooter is trying to focus and get into the zone before the BEEP.

If you're near the line, STFU when someone is getting ready to shoot - (s)he needs to be able to hear the RO without interference, and the RO doesn't need to have to shout over you to be sure the range commands have been delivered clearly. Its simply rude.

What he said.