Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tail between the legs

kz45

I was playing with my 3 year old lab mix Tasha yesterday,she was having a good old time chasing the bumper and then not bringing it back wanting me to chase her. Anyway one time it bounced up to high and she jumped for it flipping backwards and landed on her tail and put a crook in it, this is the second time it happened, now she just walks around with her tail hanging between her legs afraid to wag it because it hurts.

I hope her tail heals fine and goes back to that pretty fish hook look

my first lab did that from time to time doing field work and just getting all excited and bouncing around. A few days and she was back to wagging her tail full on again.

Hope all works out just as well for your pup!

My lab mix broke his tail in his crate...he likes to sleep on his back, and his tail went between the bars. When he went to roll over his tail stayed where it was. It was sad to see, because I couldn't do anything, but after a few days he was back to his affectionate slobbering, tail wagging self.

Here's an update, she is doing better and her tail is starting to come up a little,and the curl is coming back

A week and she should be close to normal :cheers:

Cold tail just takes time to heal. It took several weeks for the Zu's tail to come back to normal after I let her work too hard duck hunting a couple years ago.

I am glad "I" don't have to worry about that.

One of my freinds dog got it caught bad in a door and had to have it taken off. Took the dog a while to get his shit together, he just waggles his back end real funny now.