Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

poor turnout of wheelguns at A-6

hopalong

Work kept me away, but WOW !!!!

This is the Largest (by numbers) area match in the US and only 5 ??????

Maybe a little too pricey? (entry fee kind of steep) and then Atlanta area Hotel prices.......

Edit to add:

You may choose more than one answer.

Hop

Edited by hopalong

I just posted a similar comment elsewhere, but the strange thing was South Carolina Sectional had 11 roundgunners the week before. Maybe having major back to back matches in neighboring states was a bit more than most of the two state locals could stand.

Not to mention I found some opted for the Blue Ridge 3 Gun event last weekend instead of A-6.

I just posted a similar comment elsewhere, but the strange thing was South Carolina Sectional had 11 roundgunners the week before. Maybe having major back to back matches in neighboring states was a bit more than most of the two state locals could stand.

Not to mention I found some opted for the Blue Ridge 3 Gun event last weekend instead of A-6.

+1, the A-6 has been in May for the last 4 or 5 years. They moved it right on top of the South Carolina State at the end of last year. It seems like poor planning to run 2 majors in the same area on back-to-back weekends with the SS Nats following both. The SC State is always on the books a year in advance and many including me had already planned on going even before the A-6 was announced. SC State has a big following and if you have never shot it, try in once and you will be back. Many shooters could not go to both matches. For me there was only one choice.

The SC State match will be in May next year, the dates are up. I hope this does not have to happen again.

Congrats to Timberlake for winning the A-6 title. Seems like old times.