Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chicago's Failed Gun Control Laws

MichiganShootist

Today during lunch (Monday 4/21) I was watching the news on CNN and noted an interesting story. It seems that over the past weeked there were 32 fatal shootings in Chicago. The announcer said that "well over half were gang related"....and as one citizen stated "It's not even Summer yet". (apparently that's the normal high volume season)

Isn't it ironic that AGAIN a city with very strict gun laws has massive criminal use of firearms. Not once in the story was that angle mentioned.

I wonder how many of the gang bangers involved were following the strict laws of the state and city. :rolleyes:

That old line about ----when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns is obviously true in Chicago.

edited to take out swear words.

Edited by MichiganShootist

They just won't admit two things:

1) The cities with the tightest and most restrictive gun laws like Chicago and New York have some of the highest rates of gun violence.

2) More laws don't help because LAWS ONLY AFFECT PEOPLE WHO OBEY THEM.

I am 100% in favor of enforcing the laws we have now.......

Edited by bountyhunter

I agree to the silver lining and the no need for more gun control for the gang bangers to ignore... I just think its a shame when some 6-8 year old kid gets killed in the cross-fire and their only guilty of being born poor.

As posted in the Forum's general guidelines -

The Forum was not created or intended as a place to discuss or debate political issues of any kind - either IPSC, USPSA, or governmental. This includes Hate rants.

Closed.