Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I broke my Safariland belt.

Cuz

Does anyone know where I can get a couple of those little black caps that go on the two studs in my Safariland belt to hold the brass hook on? The hook popped off and all I have left is the studs in my belt and the hook itself. It looks like I need to bang on a couple of caps to hold the hook.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Cuz.

They must have had a bad run of belts because one of mine have did that too the very first day I used it. My 6 year old belt still is solid as a rock.

Past experiences with the customer support at that particular company lead me to just go for a solution on my own.

I plan to just get some good old rivets and fix it for good. May not be pretty but it will be functional.

• 1 month later...
The first thing I always did to my Safariland belts is to grind out the rivets and get rid of the hooks... ;)

+1

I just bent the hooks over on one belt. The velcro holds everything in place just fine. Need to do it on my other Safariland belt. I can never get the hooks to line up with the holes.

Get the CR Speed.

Even better option. I use my CR belt for my usual setup, but I was shooting a different gun last week and set up that holster on a Safariland belt. The CR is just stiffer and holds everything in place better.