Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Truck finally repaired

Huston in Austin

Had a driver pull out in front of me at 9:30pm on Feb 23. They got the ticket and a dead car. '97 Dodge Avenger vs 99 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed. At first glance not much wrong with my truck, just all the power steering fluid leaking out of the front. Oh yea and a cut break line, and two other oil coolers, and all the plastic parts are cracked ( head lights, turn lights, chrome grill, etc ) and the bumper is bent. But finally after putting just under 4000 miles on the rental from heck, ( wasn't quite bad enough to be from that other place ) ( a Chevy HHR ), I picked my truck up today, Friday, at 4:00. Life is good again. Also the other persons insurance company picked up the whole thing, after all it was their fault. You don't pull out in front of trucks going 65 mph ( the speed limit, a DPS car likes to park just past the accident site and run radar ) and expect them to stop on a dime.

Edited by Huston in Austin

I know what you mean, my truck (99 Dodge 2500 diesel) was down for over a month when the transfer case decided to spit parts out on the road. I got it back on the road a couple weeks ago and it is like home. 220K miles makes a guy get used to his truck!!

but I needed retro rockets to stop fully

That sounds like a challenge. Smashlab tried it and it sucked, but I have $5.41 that says YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Thats because smashlab sucks harder than just about anything that can suck!

I've got another 5 spot for someone to take it one too!

I had just finished shooting a SASS match in Naples, FL when a Honda Civic decided that red lights mean go faster and T-boned my F-150 4x4 (I was turning left). They dented in the bottom of the front and rear door and rolled the step under the cab. On the other hand, I put a tire print across their windshield and left a Civic that had been both shortened and lowered! I made the 13 hour drive home the next morning, the Civic had to be roll-backed out of the intersection.

Car meets Truck usually ends poorly for the car.

I was the Medic traveling with a Company of Tanks down a back road in Germany. VW driver was in a hurry and had passed several of the tanks then pulled back in line, but hit his brakes a little too hard trying not to hit the tank in front of him. The tank in back didn't have time to slow down much or even stop. He did strattle the VW with the treads. Nothing I could do for the VW driver.

after putting just under 4000 miles on the rental from heck, ( wasn't quite bad enough to be from that other place ) ( a Chevy HHR ),

Hey now, there's nuthin wrong with HHR's. :ph34r:

I put just under 4000 miles in the rental. It made my back and neck hurt. It also had large blind spots for me. I did not like it at all.