Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Ride Red Dot Warranties?

Suburban Commando

I'm thinking about switching to a JPoint or Fastfire. If I'm not super careful about quality control on powder charge weight, eventually I'll get a slightly light load that'll bounce a piece of brass off the tube dot and back into the ejection port. I can't really run a hotter load because I'm pushing the limit on pressure as it is.

What does JP offer in the way of warranties?

(I'm not asking about Doctor, because I know I can't afford a stock one, let alone a "hardened" one from Beven)

EDIT: I see Burris only offers a 1-Year Limited Warranty, which does not inspire great confidence.

Edited by Suburban Commando

I'm thinking about switching to a JPoint or Fastfire. If I'm not super careful about quality control on powder charge weight, eventually I'll get a slightly light load that'll bounce a piece of brass off the tube dot and back into the ejection port. I can't really run a hotter load because I'm pushing the limit on pressure as it is.

(I'm not asking about Doctor, because I know I can't afford a stock one, let alone a "hardened" one from Beven)

EDIT: I see Burris only offers a 1-Year Limited Warranty, which does not inspire great confidence.

Dont know about the warranties but if your load is that close to the edge, I would look for another that gives some margin for error and would allow you to tune the gun and load for proper ejection. Why switch to a slide ride? There are lots of excellent frame mounted options for dots that will be as good or better in every way. Think outside the box.

Dont know about the warranties but if your load is that close to the edge, I would look for another that gives some margin for error and would allow you to tune the gun and load for proper ejection. Why switch to a slide ride? There are lots of excellent frame mounted options for dots that will be as good or better in every way. Think outside the box.

I really want something that's not going to interfere with the brass ejection, no matter what load I'm shooting. I want something more error proof. Pretty much the only small dot to frame mount would be an Aimpoint Micro, and they only come with a 4MOA dot, and they ain't cheap either.

I've thought of building a mount to hold a C-More at 90 degrees or upside down, but I'm not sure that I can make one rigid enough that it'll hold a zero and not shudder with every shot. Besides that, carrying the sucker in a holster would be a bit awkward.

Perhaps I'm looking for a perfect solution that just doesn't exist.

I really want something that's not going to interfere with the brass ejection, no matter what load I'm shooting. I want something more error proof. Pretty much the only small dot to frame mount would be an Aimpoint Micro, and they only come with a 4MOA dot, and they ain't cheap either.

I've thought of building a mount to hold a C-More at 90 degrees or upside down, but I'm not sure that I can make one rigid enough that it'll hold a zero and not shudder with every shot. Besides that, carrying the sucker in a holster would be a bit awkward.

If you shoot with a target focus, you wont notice anything but the dot and the target and the size of the sight is irrelevant since the body itself is out of focus. The weight difference between a Comp XD and a Cmore is negligible as well. Try a comp XD for a little while and you'll never go back to a Cmore. Once again, Think outside the box.

If you shoot with a target focus, you wont notice anything but the dot and the target and the size of the sight is irrelevant since the body itself is out of focus. The weight difference between a Comp XD and a Cmore is negligible as well. Try a comp XD for a little while and you'll never go back to a Cmore. Once again, Think outside the box.

How about the trijicon red dot, there lifetime warranty sure seems inviting.

See post #19 of this thread.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=454174

Which ever way you go with slide mounted optics, affordable or high end/top shelf.

Buy (2). When one breaks and it will, you can use the spare until you get the other one back from repair or replacement.

ty-3853

Lone Wolf is now offering a slide dot for $79.99. Looks to be a Burris Fast Fire copy. Their website says "guaranteed to provide a lifetime of service". I have a JPoint now which I have a love/hate relationship with. Every so often the dot decides to play hide and seek. Thinking of giving one of these try...

Lone Wolf Red Dot

That Wolf red dot sight looks a lot like a sight that was marketed a while back as a Docter clone..

It looked like a Docter but didn't work like one..At least the one I tried and sent back didn't..As the light went down as in an indoor range the dot would get dimmer till it wasn't visible..Not good..