Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any of the top level shooters using factory ammo?

Just wondered if anyone had an ammo sponsorship deal which required them to use factory ammo in competition? If so, who and what ammo? Any limit to how much of it they get for practice / comp? Just curious.

Edited by Bruce

At one time, both Phil Strader (pre USSA) and Dave Sevigny were sponsored by Atlanta Arms and were using thier 147 grn "Black Box" competition 9mm load for USPSA Production division and for IDPA - but that is a highly specialized competition load.

Why do you ask?

The USSA shooting team uses Atlanta Arms ammunition.

Amounts provided are a very contract specific thing. It would be very difficult to put a "number" on it.

One thing is for sure, with the increasing costs associated with ammunition, the size of the contracts will be shrinking quite a bit.

Erik

I thing Max Jr and some of the other AMU team memebers are using Atlanta Arms Ammo. I have tried their 38 SC major load, it shot well and chronoed 173 PF in my 4.5 Dawson MiniGun.

At one time, both Phil Strader (pre USSA) and Dave Sevigny were sponsored by Atlanta Arms and were using thier 147 grn "Black Box" competition 9mm load for USPSA Production division and for IDPA - but that is a highly specialized competition load.

Why do you ask?

I asked for no specific reason. Ammo cost would seem to be a sizeable expense to those who shoot in the many 10's of thousands of rounds per year, not to mention the reloading time, etc. I also wonder if the top dogs in pistol are as fanatical about the perfect load, the perfect weight bullet, which is better this powder or that, etc., etc., or, if they just grab fairly consistent production ammo and go kick ass.