Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Storage Pouches

I am indulging my OCD a little and organizing my shooting stuff. Besides burning out a labelmaker on clear storage boxes I was organizing my magazines in nylon cases.

I really like the magazine organizers that have the velcro closure and have them for each gun I shoot.

here is an example if I'm not explaining it well. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...STORAGE%20POUCH

What I would like is a pouch to hold 4+ of the glock 18 33 round magazines. It appears the 170mm holders from CCW and CED are too short. I figured a holder for an uzi mag or similar SMG would work.

however, my google-fu is weak. Does anyone know where I could get such an animal?

thanks,

Ted

I am indulging my OCD a little and organizing my shooting stuff. Besides burning out a labelmaker on clear storage boxes I was organizing my magazines in nylon cases.

I really like the magazine organizers that have the velcro closure and have them for each gun I shoot.

here is an example if I'm not explaining it well. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...STORAGE%20POUCH

What I would like is a pouch to hold 4+ of the glock 18 33 round magazines. It appears the 170mm holders from CCW and CED are too short. I figured a holder for an uzi mag or similar SMG would work.

however, my google-fu is weak. Does anyone know where I could get such an animal?

thanks,

Ted

I don't, but I don't have the patience to stick magazines into a pouch then put the pouch somewhere....I did quickly realize, however, that leaving expensive magazines out and under foot, so to speak, was a Bad Idea.

Here's what I did -- just used 4 of the largish bins from Home Depot. One for each gun I'm shooting, though I need to put the Glock stuff away. The bins hold an amazing number of magazines: for example, there are 14 single-stack mags in the lower-right bin. This isn't what you were looking for, but just a thought.

post-5556-1206906507.jpg

If you can't find one to buy go to the nearest Craft Store that sells fabric. Pick out the material that you like, along with the necessary amount of Velcro. Then VERY POLITELY ask your wife, girl friend, mother, sister or anyone else that you know that has a sewing machine to cut and sew. This is also after you have explained what you want. Don't forget to leave a magazine or two so they could be used to make sure the pouches are the correct size. Also don't forget that it may cost you something--Dinner, 10 hours of hard labor building or fixing something, etc. Also don't forget to tell the person Thanks and that they did a good job (even if you're not happy with the way they turned out) otherwise they may not do anything for your in the future.

Oh, in case you are wondering, I did that when I was married. It took 6 months and I had to build a couple of racks and holders for her crafts hobby. The vest with magazines pockets is still being used.

Wow! We're just full of useless information of Uzi mag pouches.

Not what you we're looking for, but here is what I found those velcro mag-pouches are good for:

post-4139-1206907128.jpg

Nice set up.

Is that candy on the bottom?

Ted

M&M minis, man! The best M&M's, period!

Here you go...

Take an I-shot mag pouch and put your G18 mags in. Then take another and put it down over the top of the mags. The two pouches will go together...69 style. (Velcro works on the two I have.)

That's a good idea!

Thanks,

Ted