Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Essential stuff breaking...

spook

See title. #QW$T%^W%^%E^WE^@#%^@$%$^&*$*%(^*(^*(%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the ANGRY emoticon doesn't look angry enough!!!!!!#$^@#^#%&$^&$^*%*

Damn Spook, I thought I was the only one adrift on a sea of mechanical failures before a big match! I've cracked slides, frames, comps, barrels, and scope mounts, usually just days before heading out. I have paid plenty to get my junk moved to the front of the line. I also find bawling like a fresh branded calf when talkin' to 'em goes a long ways too! Especially when accompanied by a big ol' wad o' greenbacks! :cheers:

I broke the crank on my reloading press.... :(

I have 134 rounds to shoot a 108 round match. Makes me go for A's....I guess.... ;)

I hope they won't chrono me, cause that will be another couple of rounds....

Edited by spook

I used to have scopes break. I think it has happend 6 8 times just before a nat event and three five times durring if you include the rimfire side match.

Not once has one of the C-More scopes went down before or durring a match since I switched.

<_< How do you mess up the handel on a 650 :blink:

Gee --- scopes don't count! It wasn't the handle, it was the crank that connects to the main shaft --- pot metal crap I guess! Kinda gasped for breath when it broke, never seen it happen before. :blink::blink:

Hey ...scopes and & dots are Essential to a light weight Dot shooter

Edited by AlamoShooter

I broke the crank on my reloading press.... :(

I was going to post something along the lines of " ... glocks are among the easiest guns to fix by yourself ..." when I read this second post of yours.

I'd say bummer ... or ... if you still remember some words from italian ... "che sfiga!" ... :D

OTOH, a box of 50 9mm commercial ammo shouldn't be that far from your reloads, and it might be a good backup. ;)

BTW, does this emoticon help in expressing your feelings?

upset.gif

Edited by Skywalker

Hehe, thanks Luca, yes that emoticon is more like what I looked like yesterday.

The handle I broke was on a Square Deal (over 10 years old, so I don't blame the product, it's just that the timing sucks).

On the upside, I immediately ordered a 550 as a primary press, so the SDB can be my backup, or the other way around. :D

Thanks titan, I hope my match will go better ;)

On the upside, I immediately ordered a 550 as a primary press, so the SDB can be my backup, or the other way around. :D

Looks like you fell on your feet, as they say here in Italy ... :D ... or, "it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good", if this is the correct translation of another italian saying.

Looks like you fell on your feet, as they say here in Italy ... :D ... or, "it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good", if this is the correct translation of another italian saying.

:lol: I love the "blow nobody any good" part. That should get some laughs ;):P

Edited by spook

Heh.

Years ago, I used to work in an engineering department that had a sense of humor (yeah, I know, oxymoron).

On several of the xerox machines, there was a nicely-made warning label that said

"Warning: This machine has Crisis Detection Circuitry. The more late you are for your meeting, the more likely it is to malfunction..."

I've always figured there is a corollary with guns-n-gear... there oughta be a label that says "warning: your gun has Big Match Detection circuitry... the more important the match is, the more likely it is that something is about to break..."

:ph34r:

For unknown reasons (they never break? :lol: ) there is a spare crank for a SD on my attack.

If needed you can lent it until Steve at Dillons sended you a replacement.

Greetings

Adrie

Thanks Adrie, but I already received a message from Dillon that a nex crank is mailed tomorrow. Great service, as always. They are the best.

"Warning: This machine has Crisis Detection Circuitry. The more late you are for your meeting, the more likely it is to malfunction..."

:lol: