Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vision getting better

Went to the eye doc yesterday and my vision is getting better in my left eye. Its 3 yrs in a row. I think it was do to being right eye dominant and shooting left handed. I would put tape over the right eye to block the dominant eye. This forced my left eye to work more. I talked to the doc about it and he agreed that it was probably the case. My precription dropped in half in my left eye while my right eye stayed the same since I was 16. The left and right eye has always been the same until I started using the tape 3 yrs ago. If this is what happened it would be interesting to see if I did eye exercises on both eyes to try and see more improvement.

Flyin

John,

I'm hoping more people chime in here. It's always been my line of thinking that the eye is a muscle and benefits from training. But, I don't have any data to back that up...never looked into it enough.

Maybe other will tell us how they see it...

When I used to shoot trap we did do some eye muscle exercises prior to shooting.

boz1911, can you tell us about the eye exercises you did? and did you see any tangible results from doing them?

cztn

When I used to shoot trap we did do some eye muscle exercises prior to shooting.

boz1911, can you tell us about the eye exercises you did? and did you see any tangible results from doing them?

cztn

Basically you move your eyes to the extremes of travel ie: hard left-hard right / full up and full down.

You do as that far as possible in all directions, maybe 10-20 times each way.

Yes, I did feel it helped me see and react to the bird faster. In actuality I got this tip from the USA Olympic coach while he was on one of the shotgun sports shows.