Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Davids Road to Running with the masters

waxman

Well done on Wednesday, Dave! :cheers:

I looked at the overalls after entering the scores and had to go back and make sure that I had entered all of your scores correctly...granted, I haven't been doing this for very long, but I've never seen that kind of gap between 1st and 2nd...at least not at our club...

I suppose getting three cracks at stage 4 might have helped a little :roflol:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was kind of surprised too. Remember all of the times, so i know they were correct.. Me and Jon where going head to head, so I was really pushing it. Most of the stages were really up close hoser stages, so a limited gun, makes a big differnce, when there is no space for a reload.. Also that did help alot shooting that 4th stage 3 times. The last run, I just went balls out to get it over with. Maybe that is how you are supose to play this game. Thanks for scoring. Hurry up and get that women of yours a gun. Darcy is going to need some competition, now that Ember is out for 9 months!!.

Practice today: Set up a 20 rnd course, with alot of movement required. I set it up, so there were at least 5 differnt postions, so I could work on getting in and out fast. All but 1 of the targets were head shots only. I also incorporated 3 plates, and 2 popers, at distance. Ran the stage from a 24:48, with 2 mikes, the first run, and after 4 other runs, ended up with a 24:60 clean. I think I am happy about this, because in the past I could always gain at least 4-5 seconds on a stage this size. This lets me know, I am running my best game from the start. It is really hard to run on a long field course, then plant yourself for some hard shots like head shots. I think I learned alot,and I feel a little more confident in the tight shots. Friday I worked on just head shots from 15- 20 yards again. I dont freak out as much with these anymore. I am now in the last full month of training, so I am going to amp up the practice routine and try to shoot at least 4 times a week, 5 if I can. Dryfire will also have to increase. Oh, The final thing I worked on today was unloaded table starts. I was pretty awkward the first few, but I got more comfortable after working on it. Tomorrow, i think i am going to try and work on the oddball things, like SHO, WHO, mag changes,and whatever I can think of.

Been working mostly on accuracy lately, since I was having a little slump when it came to that department. I just set up a target at about 15- 18 yds, covering all but the head with a no shoot. Worked on just 1 , then worked up to a pair from the holster. Burned up 100 doing this. I feel it helped, but i am still very slow doing it. Had a pretty disasterous match on Wed. Could make a ton of excuses, but they are not going to change the facts. I still won limited, which is really kinda funny, but it is what it is. The only positive thing to come of the match was the classifier, which is totally backward for me. I shot my first ever master classifier in a match. I shot El prez in 6.13 and dropped 3 points. This puts it at 86.08%. So according to my calculations, I should be at 73.8% when the last couple go through. Puts me dangerously close to A, before nationals. Not sure if I want to be swimming in that pool yet or not. I am just going to shoot the next one, to my ability, and if I make A, then I guess it is ment to be.

Something strang has happened in the last couple of matches, and I dont know yet what to make of it. When I first started this sport, I was so nervous of multiple things, I could barely even concentrate, much less perform my plan. Well, recently I dont get excited anymore. I mean, I dont know if I am just really comfortable, with all of the training I have been doing, or if I am getting a little burnt out. This is both good and bad. First, I dont worry about stupid stuff, but i dont have the adrenalin to push me, like I did. Now, when there is something at stake, or a larger match, of course I still get butterflies, but nothing at local matches anymore. Not sure if this happens to everybody, but it is very odd right now. I feel this is partially to blame for some stages that i totally suck on. Heck the one I crapped out on Wed, I only walked around and looked at where the targets were, I didnt even make a plan. I have been pretty excited about the recent classifiers, and it seems that that helps to make them better. I am going to continue what I am doing, as far as training, but I may have to try and fool myself into thinking the local matches are bigger then they are.

Taking my CCW class tomorrow, so maybe shooting a different platform for a while will help break up the monotony.

Something strang has happened in the last couple of matches, and I dont know yet what to make of it. When I first started this sport, I was so nervous of multiple things, I could barely even concentrate, much less perform my plan. Well, recently I dont get excited anymore. I mean, I dont know if I am just really comfortable, with all of the training I have been doing, or if I am getting a little burnt out. This is both good and bad. First, I dont worry about stupid stuff, but i dont have the adrenalin to push me, like I did. Now, when there is something at stake, or a larger match, of course I still get butterflies, but nothing at local matches anymore.

Hmm. My question to you would be: "Are you having fun shooting?"

Maybe it is just my personal take on things, but I'm in this because it is fun. I have a goal as to what I'm going to accomplish, and I work hard on that goal---but big match, small match, simple stage, complicated stage, classifier, local plinking, whatever I happen to be shooting, I'm going to have fun doing it. I want to do my best, and increase the level of that "best"---but in the end, I'm doing this particular thing because it is fun. Even if I don't do well, it was still fun.

How long has it been since you've shot for fun?

"For fun" doesn't mean you just blaze away as fast as you can, nor does it mean you don't care about the results--but before the tone starts your run, do you smile because you know in the next second or so, you get to really have some fun? Or are you grimly intent on not making any mistakes? Which mindset will help you shoot better?

If you aren't having fun, why do this sport? Why not something else? Plenty of other shooting things that aren't sports that'll give you firearms training of different types.

Are you having fun?

Personally, I find that if I remind myself of that as I step up to the start position, I do much better. I relax, and just shoot. Not think about winning, not thinking about all the things I can do wrong---I just shoot because I enjoy it. I do my best because I enjoy it.

This sport is a BLAST. Are you still having fun?

This sport is a BLAST. Are you still having fun?

I think that is a very good question. I wish I had a good answer. I think, to tell you the truth the shooting itself is not really "fun" anymore. I know this sounds bad, but let me explain. See, I have found 2 very wide extremes with this sport. If I win, or I should say accomplish the goal, of winning my division, local match, overall, nailing a classifier, or even beating a better shooter, I can think of no better feeling in the world. On the other hand, when I shoot crappy, or screw up something , or lose to a lesser shooter, There are very few worse feelings that i can think of. I am either on a emotional high, or a man I suck, what was I thinking, kind of low. SO back to my point, I am trying so hard to have the good feeling, and trying to avoid the bad feeling, there is little room to actually enjoy the shooting part itself. I am sort of looking at the last 3 months of training as an investment, in time, energy, and not to mention money. I feel like, if I am not improving, or at least staying at a high B low A level, I am wasting all that I have put into this.I am hoping after nationals,I can go back to the shooting for fun part of the game. Thanks for the question Thomas, it helps to put these things in writting sometimes.

With the birth of my new son, the training has kind of been put on the back burner. I finally had some time to get out for a hour today. Didnt really work on anything specific, just set up some steel, and paper with wide transitions, and tried to go as fast as I could without mikes. I ended up the training session with some dryfire, 100 perfect reloads, also worked in about 200 bad ones , in the process. Match tomorrow, should be fun, That is how I am going to approach it, to see how that goes.

Thanks Rob. Ok, I have noticed that at this point of my shooting ability, if I take any time off, my shooting performance seriously suffers. I think the solution is obvious. Dont stop training. I have had some terrible matches lately, and I only have myself to blame. I decided to throw myself headfirst into a more rigorous training regiment. I have been running 200 rnds a night, for 2 nights now, and cant wait to do it again tomorrow. I basically got my ass handed to me on WED, and I am going to try my best to make sure that dont happen again. I screwed up on every single stage, and that is just not me. On the first stage, I missed the whole gun, with the mag. Had to reload from the ground. The second, the classifier, I missed the second steel, shot a 49%. the 3rd stage, I had 2 hardcove mikes free style, while nailing the A's weak, and SHO. Finally had a MIKE on a half hardcover target. I have no excuse, I just failed to perform. I still won limited, which in itself is pathetic, but ended up 6th overall. I feel like a ass , it has given me a prod to work harder. I have been shooting alot of steel to paper transitions, as well as alot of box to box movement. I found out something HUGE tonight, that I think is a real breakthrough for me, At about 20 yds, and closer, I have been point shooting. WTF??? I cant believe this, I can get away with it at close targets, but at 20 or greater, it shows its ugly head. I pounded this so hard tonight, I am just worn out. If I do that again, It will really make me nuts. I practiced 3 poppers at 20 yrds as fast as I could, reload, then run them the other way. I had to force myself to focus on the sight at that distance, and not look over the gun. This is such a bitch of a habit to break, But I am going to do it. I have no plans for the weekend, other then beating this new habbit into submission.I may take a break for the diary for a few weks while I just concentrate on nationals, and what I need to do to shoot to my potential.

Edited by waxman

I guess i am going to keep writing in here, if for no other reason, then to keep track of what I am working on. Today, I fired 400 rounds, working on movement, transitions, reloads, and accuracy. Every target I fired on today had a noshoot on it. I hit 3 all day, so This is improvement. There are 2 things I really noticed today that i know seem obvious, but with the timer as a witness, they are very critical to speed. (1) I have to grip the non shooting hand much harder then usual, This improves my accurate splits, and actually helps any sloppy trigger pulls on steel. (2) I need to remember to stay low while entering, exiting, and shooting after I leave the first shooting position. Something else I kinda noticed today, and I may be just full of it, But this is what I think. I worked alot on dry fire reloads last week, at least 3 nights. I got prett good at them. Well, come Wed, I compleatly tank the reload on a stage, like I mentioned, I missed the gun. Well here is my crazy thought process. I pounded the practice with empty 21 rnd mags, which weigh almost nothing. I then show up at a match making mag changes with 20 rounds of 40 in my mags. Huge weight differenece. I think my muscle memory just was not ready for such a difference, hence the mag blow by. I may be crazy, stupid, who know, these are the thoughts that keep me awake at nights. AAAH. Ok, well, bs or not I worked on full mag changes today. I am going to work on speed tomorrow. I am really looking forward to that.

I had that problem last winter too. I ended up throwing away those blue CKRT training mags because they were too heavy and the balance was all wrong. Empty mags didn't work either, so I ended up loading all my practice mags up with 147's with no powder and primer and used the exact same base pads as my match ones. Once I did that things started to come together.

I have been keeping a pretty low profile on here lately . I have been having such highs and lows lately that I figured I just need to dry fire and shoot instead of post. I had almost a pretty big setback on Saturday. While running my typical 200 rnd practice session, I broke my safety off. My good friend and soon to be MN's first ever GM, loaned me one off his edge. Can't thank you enough Lucas. Another call to SV to get more parts , is first priority Monday. I guess if I am wearing out the gun, I will take that as a good sign.

I got in last minute at the Ill sectional, so I am pretty excited about that. Last I heard there were 13 B limited shooters, so I should see just where I stand before Vegas.

All of the nationals Arangements are in order thanks to my wife. I hope I can do my part and make the trip worth while. I am going to take a little hiatus from the diary until after nationals, but you can bet I am going to be putting in all of the training time I can. Thanks to all who have helped my the past few months with everything, both on here, and local shooters. Good luck to all ENOS members at Ill, and the nationals, hope to see a few of you there. Dave

Edited by waxman

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I hate to say it, but wow am i glad thats over. I had myself so freaked out over it, I shot like I had a cannon ball around my ankle. I will elaborate more, but I just spent 24 hrs driving, so Sleep is the top priority now. Here are the down and dirty stats.

118/231 overall. 19/66 B's best stage was stage 7, 35th place, (actually beat Todd Jarrett!!! worst stage 8, 177th place. I beat myself, with my nerves being frazzled. I am happy with my finish considering I never really atttacked a stage. I will take a Ton away from this and I know exactly where my weak points are now. Ok, I am going to bed.

Ok, I now have a little time to reflect on Nationals. When I first talked about going to nationals, a guy who had been there a few times, gave me some words of wisdom. I failed to follow them, He said simply, "leave it all there, if you dont, you will wonder what if", well, I am wondering. The first day, of course i had the nervous jitters, but I looked over the stages, and the first 6 were the easiest of the match, so that set my mind at ease. I shot 15, 16 ,2,3 the first day. I shot about 85% just watching for the mikes, and no shoots, and avoiding the DQ. The places were 136,103,90,104,. When I left the match that day, I decided that I knew I can shoot faster, since I did not have a Mike, or NS all day, that was my goal for the next day. Ok that night I had a stupid dream that I was going to get DQ'd, how stupid is that? anyway, I went to the match with totally mixed feelings of let all go, or shoot conservative, the results showed this exactly. I shot 4,5,6,7,8,9, that day, and had good as well as bad results. I ended up 137,132,123,35,177, 162 I had my best stage, and my worst stage that day. I just didnt have my head right. That night, I decided to just let happen what will, and shoot it like any other match. I shot the remaining stages,101, 90, 123,94 and 172. I believe with the exeption of the last stage, this is about where I am right now, right around the top 100 mark. Ok, I might as well admit to what happened on the last stage of the match. I walked up to the line, knowing full well, I was about to complete my first nationals, and the bad dream i had earlier was complete B.S. I steped up to the line, the RO said, Make ready, I did. I Inserted my mag, racked the slide, and almost passed out cold with what happened next, As I racked the slide, a bright shinny piece of empty brass went flying through the air in painful slow motion, Both I and the RO watched as it landed on a pile of other brass from previous shooters. I just stood there in shock. My mind raced, thinking ,did i see what I thought I saw? Did he see it? What do i do now? I just decided to wait for either the command stop, or standby. Two seconds later I heard standby, then beep. I of course lost all track of my plan, and just shot targets as I seen them. Basically like a first time shooter. This explains the 172. I just look at it as it could have been alot worse. Now the other stage that has haunted me, is stage 8 I forgot that I dumped my mag in the sand on stage six, and never cleaned it. Of course 4 rounds into the stage I had a jam and a standing reload that must have cost me at least 5 seconds.

To this point, i have basically hit on the bad parts of the match. I did have 2 very good stages at this match where things all fell into place. Stage 7 the spinning star stage woked well for me, and I never missed a plate. I actually beat some Top GM/s on this stage, like Manny, Henning, Blake, and Shannon.Not Todd like I posted earlier. This the biggest moment of my nationals experience. Ok, the next was stage 1, I just simply nailed it with a time of 8.67, and very clean, too bad the stage got thrown out. I would have really liked to see how I ranked with the elite on that one. It is very easy for me to look at these results and see where I need improvement .Stage planning, movement, and getting my head straight.. These are where my training is headed.

I do have 1 more goal for the year, one which I thought I already accomplished. I want to get my A card in limited. I actually got the classifiers I needed, but they threw one out, because it was already used once . Oh well, It looks like i have 2 more chances to get it this year, i only need 78% to make it happen. Then I dont know what I want to do. I will have to re-evaluate my goals for next year.

Edited by waxman

Just filled out a whole page, just to get booted off line, EEEEERRRR. Ok, the simple version. I shot "Take em down" in 7.35 down 6 points. This should yield about 81% so If my calculations are correct, i should make A on the next go around. Had a good match besided that and really had alot of fun. I won limited, but there were only 2 of us, so it dont mean much. Cant seem to get the overall standings, but I think I did pretty well. Ok better post this before the computer gods strike me down agan.

Edited by waxman

Just filled out a whole page, just to get booted off line, EEEEERRRR. Ok, the simple version. I shot "Take em down" in 7.35 down 6 points. This should yield about 81% so If my calculations are correct, i should make A on the next go around. Had a good match besided that and really had alot of fun. I won limited, but there were only 2 of us, so it dont mean much. Cant seem to get the overall standings, but I think I did pretty well. Ok better post this before the computer gods strike me down agan.

If you wish to place well overall, an Open gun would prolly help. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ben, I can always count on you for a good slap in the face, good thing I dont have feelings!!. this is the only way I know of to check on improvement. If I am losing to the local TGO by 20-22 seconds last year, and 10.73 this year, i call that improvement. I would love have 20 limited shooters to compare to, but we dont. Since we only have a few that take this game serious I have to compare myself to you guys disregarding divisions. Sorry for the inconveinence, I wont ask for the overall again, didnt know it was such a sore spot for ya!! :unsure:

Edited by waxman

Dave,

I am not trying to be a jerk or anything. My point was this:

There were 2 limited shooters at the last match, no open shooters. All the rest were in single stack, lim 10, or production. You have some really great production shooters. Mark and Brad come to mind. You have some great single stack shooters. There is plenty of heat at the match, just not in your division. You finish a few points over some of them in the overall sometimes, and then post you did good in the overall. That isn’t really fair to them. You didn’t beat those guys. Sure, you didn’t explicitly claim to beat them, but the implication is there.

I wouldn’t say that it bothers me that you are chasing me (I am pretty sure its me) with a limited gun, but I do think its kind of funny. Like I alluded to in my range diary a couple weeks ago, I would approach the same stage completely differently with a limited gun. We aren’t even shooting the same match.

Another issue I see here is that you are basing your performance off mine. The best piece of advice I have ever gotten in this game is this “Look at a match in terms of what YOU do” (that’s from Dave Sevigny). If your game rests on how you do compared to other people, you are forever in the up and down cycle of how you placed compared to other people. That is no way to look at things.

Have you ever shot a stage (or a match) like shit, then when you see the results and you say to yourself “I did better than I thought!”? Well, you are kidding yourself. You did just what you thought you did, it is just that everyone else had problems to. People tend to disregard lessons that way. If everyone blows a tough classifier they think that they don’t need to practice that skill. I am not saying this is you, but this is a mentality that I see a lot. It seems that you share some of the symptoms.

Let me give you a real life example of this.. I shot the production nationals and I shot very well. I had a couple jams that held me back, but my performance was solid. I finished 9th. I just shot the IPSC nationals, and I didn’t shoot all that well. I finished 2nd. That’s how it goes. I don’t let my placement rule how I feel about the match. I know what I did and I know what I want to do better. I get the impression this idea is missing from you.

You posted on here earlier that you beat some big name shooters on a stage at nationals. It was “the biggest moment” of your nationals you wrote. Was it really? Did you know stepping off the line that you had a good stage, or did you look at the results afterward. Be honest with yourself. Did you have a rockin run, or did they blow the stage? Getting caught up in the comparison leaves you missing the shooting lessons. (or so I think)

Let me bring this back full circle. Quite honestly, chasing my times with a limited gun is not a good idea for you. Depending on the stage design that month, it will change how things work out. If I do a standing load, it really skews things. You aren’t getting a good notion of where you stand. If you want to shoot against me, you need to use a production gun. I would welcome the heat, because I think you are turning into a pretty good shooter. I am sure Lucas would like to see you shoot single stack as well. But, bragging up your overall placement (like you did in post #101) is kind of lame. It doesn’t make me mad, but I felt you deserved a little bit of a ribbing about it.

Wow, not sure where i should begin with all of that.I dont give a rats ass how I do against you as far as match win ,hit factor, overall score or anything like that. Since it seems that you read my Diary so much You should know my biggest problem is speed on long field courses. Almost all of my training this year has been to improve my speed. I mean from timer start, to last shot, and everything in between. It is impossible to compare using just my times, since every course is different. I can only compare with shooters that are better then me. How else can one judge speed?? I dont recall ever bragging about beating anyone at anything. I am Not chasing you, lets get that out in the open right now. Even though I consider you a Odd individual, you are the best shooter I know, i am not even remotely in the same league as you, and probably never will be.

I have lost almost every bigger match this year for the same reason, vary rarely am I beaten by points, I am usually just beat down by total time. This Ben is one of your strong points, If I can learn to move through a course like you do, i could cut full seconds off my stage time. This what i want.

As far as my nationals stage, it was an exciting thing for me, of course I am going to post it. If you cant compare yourself to better shooters in a match like that, why keep score? But to answer your question, I thought I shot that stage good, but not great. A few stages I felt I shot great for me did not seem so great when compared to others, But I was happy with my performance.

Anyway, like I said, sorry to have asked in the first place. For some reason My computer will not pull up overalls off of WI shooters, Just gives a error code. I did mention to you the reason I wanted to see these results. One of my oldest shooting buddies, (Rick Daly) shot with me at that match, and we always compare our overall results.

When i read posts like the one you just left , and most of the ones in your Range diary, It almost feels like you kinda like to make trouble. It kind of reminds me of that old M&M song " The world needs a little controvery, cause it feels so empty without me." I for one dont like alot of controvery I just want to be fast and accurate.

In the future I will not mention anything in MY range diary that compares others to myself. When I do write in here, alot of times I forget that others are reading and critiquing. I just usually write what is on my mind that is shooting related.

Dave,

I wish I were more articulate. Please try to look past me being a controversial jerk and see what the message is. My last post was a genuine effort to help and maybe reshape your view of the game. I guess I lack the words to help you in a way that doesn’t offend you.

Later,

Ben

Ben I am not offended. I do appreciate all of the help and motivation you have given me over the past few years. I do understand what you are telling me,about comparing myself to others. One thing I think you missed out on since you started out on top of this game, was all of the steps along the way. Your first match you kicked everyones ass, and have been doing it ever since. For those of us who have not sold our souls to the devil for uspsa greatness, There are many little accomplishment along the way.

First non C classification

Finishing in the top 100 of a Area match

Winning your division, (even if there is only 2)

Winning a plaque, even if it is for 2nd B class in a state match

Winning HOA at a club match, no matter who is there.

Winning a dog tag

Winning a year long club point series

Actually gettting a slot to shoot nationals

Great shooters like you take this kind of thing for granted because it is a every match occurance. I have had to work my ass off the last 2 years to even get these small accomplishments. They may sound like bragging to you, or lacking class, but it is something I could not do in the past, and I am proud of.

I know what your thinking, I cant see the forest ,for the trees right? I honestly I do know what you are saying, and I must confess I am guilty of comparing myself to others, no matter the gun they choose. Here is a idea, everyone quit playing with those handcap guns and lets all shoot limited!!!!!

Ok, back on topic. Shot the last match of the season At the local Club on Wed. Had alot of fun. Funny thing has happend lately that I am pretty pleased about. I Worked pretty hard over the season on my Transitions and movement. I have been told by alot of great shooters that this is where I struggle. Well I have to say, I have improved on these things, and as a result, my overall times are really starting to drop. I am seeing differently then I have in the past. I really cant describe what is going on here, but I am guessing this is what the better shooters see. It is almost like everything is running together. I mean the gun is moving to the target, as the focus is shifting to the front sight, the slack is being taken up, and almost without thinking the gun fires, and the sights lift. The next part is where I am seeing more then ever, It almost seems like the sight is comming back into focus and as it it comming back onto the target the whole step is repeated. I know this sounds pretty stupid, but the deal is, it is almost happening by itself, almost like I am just watching it happen. My only consious thought is the refocus on the sight, and picking the other target. I am happy to say that , the bangbang------- bangbang---, is almost gone, I am really getting the bang----bang---bang----bang. deal down. Probably a very small step for some, but it is a giant leap for me. For years i could never figure out how all of the great shooters were transitioning so fast, how can you focus and get trigger control at that speed? Well, I am finally starting to see it. The only thing that sucks, is how long before I lose it since the shooting season has come to an end? How much practice will it take to get it back? The totally ironic thing here is, this has only started in about the last 3- 4 weeks ago pretty much since I almost stopped my weekly practice sessions. One more thing to add here is if this helps explain this any better it is almost like I am shooting on faith no looking at the targets to verify hits, no consious thought of trigger press, and no other thoughs, just letting it happen. I sincerely hope this does not sound in a way other then I intended, I am just really seeing on a differnt level then I did just 4 weeks ago.

One other thing that we ended up doing at our club is to have a night shoot. Boy was that a eye opener. I think everyone should try this at least once. Trying to shift focus, and aim flashlights, and front sights, wow,it was cool. I am very sad to say that this long season has come to a end. I think overall it was a very productive year, and alot was learned, more than any year prior. I only hope that next year i can pick up where I left off, and continue the journey. I think aside from the whole deal I talked about in the begining , what I have taken away most this season is self control when it comes to nerves. This has been a huge obstacle for me since I started out. I think I can finally focus on the task at hand, and not worry about all of the what if's

I am really looking forward to next year and shooting again with all of great friends I have made.

Since it sounds like we have snow in the forcast it is time to start focusing on my winter passion , snowmobiling. Thanks for all of the help on this forum and to all who have followed my journey , Good luck with your own. David

One quick note to add here, As of the latest classifications, i did indeed make A class in Limited. I am very happy about this, and I cant believe how much work was involved in Getting out of B. This makes me wonder if I will ever get the coveted M card. I noticed some wierd things on my classification notice. My nationals % was added as a classifier, not sure why that happened, since it was only 63%, but it is there. Secondly, my sucky lowly C class singlestack classification got bumped to B. This kinda sucks. I can barely shoot the Skinny Gun in C. I heard that you cannot be more then 1 class below the rest , but I though this was only for GM's. Guess Not.

I have all but decided to shoot Lim 10 next year. I can definitely use all the help I can get in the mag changing department, so hopefull this helps.For the final match of the year, i decided to just to shoot the most fun gun I have, a single stack 9mm. I am horrible with it, but the last match is all about fun, so it is fitting. I guess I better dust the little bugger of, and dry fire a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

And So ends the 2009 season For me. Wow what a ride. Overall it has been a great season and it really makes me want to improve even more. I ended up finding a deal on some more mag pouches so I decided to finish the year in Lim 10.That is really alot of Fun. There is so much more thinking involved then I remember from my production days. The match Today was really cool and had a mix of almost everything, so it was a good guide for me in Lim 10. I really had a up and down day when it came to stages, but I think most of the downs can be attributed to not touching a gun for over 3 weeks. The lows for the match were 2 mikes glancing off a barrel on 1 stage. Secontly I did not even shoot at a popper, so concearned about my mag change. Finally I dropped 2 mikes left handed on the classifier, Just rushed the shots, and it bit me. Now for the good things The additional mag changes didn't really slow me up as much as I though they would. The different stage planning was more of a factor. Other then the goofy glancing Mikes, my accuracy did not suffer much from the time off.

Things to work on over the winter. I need to work more on my reloading while moving left. I just avoided it in limited, but it is almost required some times in Lim10. Secondly I need work a little more on foot speed. After watching the Video I took, I am losing alot of time in just plane running, and getting out of positions, not to mention down and up. I think I will dedicate more of my workouts to legs this winter when I get the seasonal layoff. Finally just mag changes from odd mag pouches.

Seems weird to me now to reach so far back.

I think Lim 10 will be a good fit for me I am hoping to learn alot more about the game and maybe even get better at it.