Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Managing Belt Real Estate

Buzzmeister

Rarely do you have a stage that requires that much ammo for shotgun, and pistol. normally the mag in the pistol and one spare is enough.

However it can occur, at which point I use Mark Otto's chest loading device, it holds 4 carriers and is out of the way of the pistol gear.

Trapr

This is how I do it. I prefer to keep all shotgun ammo in the same relative location. If I had ammo on my belt and on my chest and on my forarm and on my gun (ive seen some do all that) I would waste too much time searching around for what I needed. The green bag is just for a small stash of emergancy SG ammo for really long stages. it works very well, and when ive needed it saved my a#%.

post-6767-1205321155.jpg

I change out gear on my belt as i come to each stage. if it is a shotgun heavy stage i remove the appropriate amount of pistol mag pouches or all of them if there is no pistol and load up with quik strippers

I had a partner in a team match that was so skinny we had to hang a bandoleer across him to get enough shells to finish the cof.

Yeah, I sort of fall into that category. 5' 11'' with a 30" waist.

I may just get a second belt (I use an inner/outer belt rig) that has what I need on it. I normally do L10 in pistol but, being the masochist that I am, was considering shooting he-man category so I could have a second belt setup for 1911.

I keep my shotgun strippers on a second belt and try to leave enough room between the holster and pistol mag pouchs to acconmadate it. I also keep a removable rifle mag pouch in this area. I ususally run five strippers but remove some if the stage doesn't require it. I hate empty gun starts.