Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feeling like CRAP

Round_Gun_Shooter

I am getting very tired of feeling like crap. I realize there are many with tougher times than me but I would like to get up one morning (preferably a sunny weekend morning) and be pain free, no sick, and able to do whatever I want to do (As long as my wife approves, see bucket list).

Soon as I got the knees feeling good, the hands went to hell. I was able to get my hands in shape and then got pneumonia. Day after the fever broke, I got the frickin FLU. Now the flu will not let go and I have to work. Something has now moved into both shoulders so I can't sleep and it is affecting my shooting. This has been the worse 18 months I have ever had. I have not had a vacation in 5 years and I think I really need some place warm and dry for about a month.

On the good side, it can only get better.

Thanks for the room to rant. :angry2:

I am getting very tired of feeling like crap. I realize there are many with tougher times than me but I would like to get up one morning (preferably a sunny weekend morning) and be pain free, no sick, and able to do whatever I want to do (As long as my wife approves, see bucket list).

Soon as I got the knees feeling good, the hands went to hell. I was able to get my hands in shape and then got pneumonia. Day after the fever broke, I got the frickin FLU. Now the flu will not let go and I have to work. Something has now moved into both shoulders so I can't sleep and it is affecting my shooting. This has been the worse 18 months I have ever had. I have not had a vacation in 5 years and I think I really need some place warm and dry for about a month.

Gary,

I hope you feel better soon! No way do you deserve that stuff.

I've had the same stinking flu since last Thursday and every single of the last five days, I went to bed saying :"At least I know it can't get worse..." And every day it did. Today was the first day I was better than the day before. I was feeling picked on because on top of the "usual" flu misery of 104 fever, uncontollable shaking fits from the chills, exploding head and nose, tearing cough, etc.... I got a bonus. It turns out the inflammation of bronchial tubes is close enough to the esophagus to trigger the involuntary esophageal spasms that hurt just like a heart attack. had those on and off for about three days.

And the usual "flu bonus" for jangling my immune system is it goes nuts and attacks the joints of my body along with the virus. This time my right ankle, knee, and neck are blown up hot and inflammed. But, on the upside, the joints that "blow up" usualy go back down to baseline pain level after 10 or 12 months.

But, for the first time in six days, I can sort of taste food..... take your mercy where you find it.

hang tough.

Edited by bountyhunter

My God that sounds familiar. I have 3 little ones running around the house and if it is not one, or all, of them then it is me or my wife who is sick. Our doctors are getting very rich off of us as is our local Walgreens. I want to come home, just once, and find out everything is ok. I feel you pain brother. Keep the faith.

RGS - why no vacation in 5 years?

Self employed, sole proprietor and busy.

Lots of the stuff is trade related. Arthritis in hands, knees and one ankle, back injuries from heavy lifting, carpal tunnel syndrome, and the list goes on. I have beaten most of them with the help of my Chiropractor and my Acupuncturist. Every time I beat one, something else pops in to the equation.

This latest bout with Pneumonia and Flu came at a very bad time. I had a lot of work but it was all in unheated houses during a cold spell. when I am sick I still work so it lasts longer. This time I cut to half days then went home to bed.

The shoulder thing was the last straw for me this year. I have been shooting 22 gallery this year for the first time. I dabbled before but this year I decided to put in the work to play the game since all action pistol stops for the winter. I shoot indoors about 6 hours a week and ended up with higher lead levels. I am getting them down but still shooting. Now with the end of the gallery season coming close and the team I am on in first place, my shoulders act up to the point I can not hold steady. This past week I shot a 256. Lowest score I had this year. I had been approaching the 280 mark.

I am headed to a chiropractor today to see what she can do. She is a USPSA shooter too so she will do whatever she can to fix me.

When this stuff happens, all I can say is this

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter