Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just tried slide glide #1

sigfla

All I can say is wow!! I had intended to do 1 of my pistols when I got the stuff and ended up doing them all. The viscosity of #1 is exactly as described. It smoothed out the action of all the pistols I used it on so much so that they all felt like 2k custom jobs.

I recently pruchased a custom BHP which didn't have a very smooth slide action. The gun was tight and it just didn't feel buttery smooth like my 1911's or another custom BHP I had in the safe. Now BHP's aren't known to be as smooth as a 1911 but a custom job comes pretty close. This one just felt sticky. One application of slide glide on the rails and barrel lugs and voila smooth as silk!!!

I also noticed it doesn't seem to take much to smooth out the guns action. Just a light coating is all I used on the rails the lugs and guide rod area got a bit more. I can't wait to hit the range and see how this stuff works with some live rounds. After applying to my IDPA Springer TRP gun it almost seemed to have a pneumatic affect to the slide action. It was hard to describe but I felt I was having a similar reaction to the slide glide as Brian Enos did in his description of its use on the site. I haven't popped off any live rounds yet but just working the slide by hand appeared to promote a cushion affect in the guns action.

I think this stuff is gonna be my new go to lube.

I'm glad to hear you're liking the Glide. I remember - I had a 40 with 50,000 rounds through it - and the Glide made the pistol feel like it had Accu-rails in it.

be aware of what the ambient temps will be when you're shooting. At 40 deg F with the lite stuff, the slide on my open gun cycled super slow.

Yes, depending on how tight the slide-to-frame is, and how heavy the comp is, even Light, at 40 degrees in an Open blaster might be pushing it.

For Florida I would use the standard Slide Glide. Apply it to your rails, barrell, basically anything that moves or comes within contact of a moving piece. I also apply it to my recoil spring and rod.

It is a lubricant. It looks like grease. The nice thing is that you apply it and when you feel your gun is dirty you can simply wipe it off and apply some more.

Read about it in the Enos store. I sent you a link on an earlier post.

What type is the standard slide guide. Also what is a good cleaner.

Right. Since the Glide, one of my life's goals has been to re-educate the world on how to clean your gun.

be

be aware of what the ambient temps will be when you're shooting. At 40 deg F with the lite stuff, the slide on my open gun cycled super slow.

I live in Florida. I have a S&W M&P 9mmL. What type of slide guide would be good for me? Is slide guide a cleaner of lubricant? How does it work? Where do you put it? Could anyone answer these questions and give me more information on slide guide.

I keep more Slide Glide Lite around (for my Open guns) than anything else and I find it works well on most everything. Guns like the M&P 9L (I have a Pro) should work fine with the standard SG, but my Pro works fine with the Lite as well. Most of the Polymer guns don't really need a whole lot of lube in the first place so it's not that big of a deal either way.

Since it's pretty heavy I like to wipe off the bulk of the SG and then use a polymer safe spray cleaner to get the rest...works pretty well. If an area still has a decent buildup of SG and powder residue I'll use some Hoppes #9 on a cotton swab to loosen it up and then wipe it off with a rag. R,