Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage prop plastic Stencil

Anyone know where I can get a plastic stencil to draw stage props or does anyone have one for sale? There is plenty of computer stuff out there but I cannot find the old style stencil anywhere.

THX

I think we just talked about this (locally) with somebody that took a recent CRO course. He said he was told that they were dead. When USPSA went to get some more made, the supplier was asking too much for them...and, that everybody was going with computer stuff anyway.

(^^^ that info isn't even second hand, coming from me)

I think we just talked about this (locally) with somebody that took a recent CRO course. He said he was told that they were dead. When USPSA went to get some more made, the supplier was asking too much for them...and, that everybody was going with computer stuff anyway.

(^^^ that info isn't even second hand, coming from me)

That's actually correct. When NROI/USPSA was close to running out of the old stencils, we couldn't find anyone who'd cut them for us for less than about 5 times what they used to cost, making them cost prohibitive. If anyone knows of a better way to cut them, for less money, let me know.

Hope this helps.

Troy

THM7,

I'd send you mine...if I knew where it was. :unsure:

Me too! I went and LOOKED for the darned thing. Thought I knew right where is was,

but it's hiding. If I find it it's yours.

Bill

• 1 year later...

Mine have no manufacturing marks other than "RD8845" on one edge.

I was just sitting here looking at one of mine thinking about all the stuff that is missing and is common on stages anymore. It would take a whole other stencil to even get started.