Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wii

Jack Suber

We got the Wii last year and have really enjoyed it. We have been looking for the Wii fit but have not beenable to find it around here. This Christmas, I got....I mean my son got ;) Guitar Hero World Tour. We have the original Guitar Hero so this was a neat change. A lot of good new songs, inlcuding Sweet Home Alabama and Hotel California. Both are very difficult. I have not been able to get Sweet Home Alabama down.....(as a Southerner, that feels like a sacrilege). You can also duel Uncle Ted, the Motor City Mad Man. Its a lot of fun. They are advertising that a Metallica version will be out in the Spring.

I too would like to see a action shooting game for the Wii. I think it has a lot of potential. I am going .... I mean "we" are going to buy NCAA Football 09 tomorrow.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the kids got a wii for x-mas and I got the Perfect Shot pistol, target terror and ghost squad for myself! ;) Looks like I will be doing some creative "training". :goof:

The Ghost Squad got me sold... Will be getting a Wii this month end. Got myself an old BBSpringer to mod. :cheers:

I played on one of these over the holidays at a friends house and have mixed feelings. I can see how it could be fun, but the motion controls are not very good - at least that was my impression. A small move does nothing and a bigger move shoots the cursor off the screen. We were trying out "Tiger Woods Golf" (my friend is a golfer) and it seemed that you could either hit the ball hard or soft fairly easily but anything in between was difficult to do and even more difficult to reproduce. It seems designed for gross movements only. The same thing seemed to be the case in all the games people played.

Perhaps what I need to find is a game that suits me. Not so much running and jumping about, but stealth and strategy. I really miss games like Zork where you had to explore every nook and cranny and find things and solve puzzles. But I rather expect that these games would not appeal to the main gaming demographic.

I played on one of these over the holidays at a friends house and have mixed feelings. I can see how it could be fun, but the motion controls are not very good - at least that was my impression. A small move does nothing and a bigger move shoots the cursor off the screen. We were trying out "Tiger Woods Golf" (my friend is a golfer) and it seemed that you could either hit the ball hard or soft fairly easily but anything in between was difficult to do and even more difficult to reproduce. It seems designed for gross movements only. The same thing seemed to be the case in all the games people played.

I haven't played Tiger Woods, but the golf on the Wii sports is the only touchy game that I've found with the Wii. Even that, I think, is just a matter of getting used to it.

Perhaps what I need to find is a game that suits me. Not so much running and jumping about, but stealth and strategy. I really miss games like Zork where you had to explore every nook and cranny and find things and solve puzzles. But I rather expect that these games would not appeal to the main gaming demographic.

They hava a Zelda. I haven't played it, but it's rated very high.

If you like shooting stuff along the way, then Resident Evil 4 rocks !

There is a lot of homemade guns modified with the remote inside for

realistic look and feel when playing GhostSquad or COD but get a load of

this one !! :cheers::cheers:

Link:http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/12/2...-sort-of-scary/

post-10849-1230602786_thumb.jpg

:ph34r::ph34r:

I think I'm going to try to zip tie the remote to the bottom of my Limited gun !! :surprise:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Been browsing Homebrews for Wii and found this thread... http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?14,5238,5238

By default, Wii can play online Flash games it seems (Wii newbie here) and the guys there are talking about making it able to play flash based games or read flash offline as well.

So, if someone creates a simple IPSC/USPSA/IDPA stage based flash games, wouldn't that be cool? A short stage would be ideal and simplest, but movement can be incorporated as well? Furthermore, players can post their score here (something like a postal match).

The ipsc flash game sounds cool. I have been playing Dangerous Hunts 2009 with the WII pistol. Something different. Long range rifle shots amplify gun movement via trigger, etc. Unfortunately you do not use the sights on the gun :( . Also like the WII fit game.

• 5 weeks later...

You can't use the sights because there is no way to align them with the hit as far as I can tell. If there is some way to align, please share.

Just got off the phone with Nintendo. There is no way to change where the Wiimote is hitting other than changing where it points.

Edited by reneet