Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi Classic

hopalong

If you want to know the truth, I can't shoot rev down there because Bowman has all of my gear except for the gun. He is bringing his 625 and a belt that's about all. My holster, my moonclip holders and someone else's ammo.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to know the truth, I can't shoot rev down there because Bowman has all of my gear except for the gun. He is bringing his 625 and a belt that's about all. My holster, my moonclip holders and someone else's ammo.

Excuses, excuses. I have a belt, holster and Speedy-rack setup for .45 that you can use. (Unless you are larger than a 36 waist.) :P What do you say? I could even be talked into the ammo as well if necessary. ;)

OK Ben,

I have a holster, moonclips, moonclip holders. YOU supply the GUN (That I have ;) ) , ammo, and a belt. that way we can make one more to the majic 20 !!!! :)

You can shoot production at the TN Production/Single Stack match in October.

Hop

Sorry guys, but you've lost one for this year. My cylinder is skipping a round when the trigger is pulled fast, so it needs some work. dajarrel's was to be the backup, and it's keyholing with my ammo (to the tune of a 6" group at ~12 yards from a rest).

I might not take hints very well, but slaps to the face tend to get my attention. Revo was not meant to be this year :angry2: . Hopefully, I'll be shooting revo with all of you at MS next year.

Sorry guys, but you've lost one for this year. My cylinder is skipping a round when the trigger is pulled fast, so it needs some work. dajarrel's was to be the backup, and it's keyholing with my ammo (to the tune of a 6" group at ~12 yards from a rest).

I might not take hints very well, but slaps to the face tend to get my attention. Revo was not meant to be this year :angry2: . Hopefully, I'll be shooting revo with all of you at MS next year.

Greg, You can't snivel now at this late date. If your "Carmonizer" isn't ready and Dennis's won't get it done, you can use either one of my mine. One is a Randy Lee and the other is almost as good. I can have either one ready for you to use.

I won't be there Saturday, (death in the family) but I can leave the guns with someone to get them to you. Don't quit on use now!!!!

Always hate it when ol' Skip Chambers shows up on the squad. Wish he had shown his face when I had your gun here......

Gregg, I'll be happy to fix your gun at no charge. But in the meantime, shoot one of Pat's guns at the MS match!

RO's and shoot -throughs did it today. Shooting positions and areas are pretty dry, but getting to some of them is still a little wet. Lots of compititors and visitors out watching today. Man am I tired. I think we have a good match. Hope everyone feels the same when they finish shooting.

More on Sunday. All A's to those shooting tomorrow.

OK, match is over and all the clean up is done. I am Whupped. We had a great match this year. Only 14 Wheel-gunners, but a few had problems at the last inute and had to switch over to one of the dark sides. As usual, John Heiter did a great job as match director to pull it all together. Without him, we would suck! I think everyone had a good time and enjoyed the match. I can't emember all the winners, but what I do remember is this:

Sam Keen- High Overall Revolver

Tommy Cabell-MS State Champion Revolver

Johnny Brister- High Overall and State Champion Single Stack

Cliff Cargill-State Champion Production

Rodney May (big Surprise)-High Overall Production

Blake Miquez(sp?)- high Overall Limited

Chad Lofton-MS State Champion Limited

Open-Sorry, I just don't remember, cause I wasn't paying attention. (Beat me with a stick)

I hope that anyone who shot the match or was there, wil send there comments to John whether they are good or bad. we want to make the match better each year and we can't do that without feedback.

Let us know what you liked or didn't, not matter whether it is food, stages or whatever and we will try to fix it.

THANKS TO ALL THE SHOOTERS THAT CAME. WE COULD NOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU.

OK, match is over and all the clean up is done. I am Whupped. We had a great match this year. Only 14 Wheel-gunners, but a few had problems at the last inute and had to switch over to one of the dark sides. As usual, John Heiter did a great job as match director to pull it all together. Without him, we would suck! I think everyone had a good time and enjoyed the match. I can't emember all the winners, but what I do remember is this:

Sam Keen- High Overall Revolver

Tommy Cabell-MS State Champion Revolver

Johnny Brister- High Overall and State Champion Single Stack

Cliff Cargill-State Champion Production

Rodney May (big Surprise)-High Overall Production

Blake Miquez(sp?)- high Overall Limited

Chad Lofton-MS State Champion Limited

Open-Sorry, I just don't remember, cause I wasn't paying attention. (Beat me with a stick)

I hope that anyone who shot the match or was there, wil send there comments to John whether they are good or bad. we want to make the match better each year and we can't do that without feedback.

Let us know what you liked or didn't, not matter whether it is food, stages or whatever and we will try to fix it.

THANKS TO ALL THE SHOOTERS THAT CAME. WE COULD NOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU.

shane coley, high overall, junior, and ms champ

lynn (i had a squib on stage 9) jones

I was there when Sam gave Bowman the ammo. Sam handed him a big box of .45 and then smiled as he sat a squib rod on top of the box. I spit and choked down my beer and then laughed my a$$ off. It was classic. :roflol::roflol:

Finally home from a long round trip from Jackson MS to San Antonio TX to New Stanton PA to Ramer TN. :wacko:

I want to say a big YEE HAA to John and the rest of the Mississippi section for not only the BIGGEST Mississippi classic ever (160+ shooters) but I would say one of the funnest matches I've shot in a VERRY LONG time.

I had to shoot and scoot to go to TX to attend the funeral of my friend so I didn't get to do the shoot and visit thing but that is just one of those things, maybe next time.

14 wheelgunners showed up to Honor Tim and I know he's well remembered and would be touched. More were coming but had to change divisions and or skip but "thems the knocks".

This match is a MUST shoot for wheelgunners, it has had more in the last 3 years than all other sections and many Area matches so put it on your calendar just as soon as it is announced next year.

See ya'll then.

Hop