Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Master Eye

shooter757

I am right handed with a master left eye. Anyone else like me?

Is this an issue? I tend to shoot best with a weaver-like stance.

Like You? =I haven't meet you , But Yes I am right hand left eye , and I do ..OK, = the Weaver -like stance is good for one "not so fast" shot after that the next shot is slow to line up. = slow as in not as fast and versatile as an ISO.

I can under stand that you "think' you shoot -Best- that way = but if you want to find your true potential you have to move on to new ways to shoot. Some times you have to step back-wards to make a higher jump.

Jamie

Edited by AlamoShooter

I believe there are a few top shooters who are like that. You can either tilt your head to use your dominant eye or learn to aim with your weak eye (some put frosted scotch tape over their dominant eye on their shooting glasses). I know a couple of shooters who have done one or the other and have been successful with either.

I believe there are a few top shooters who are like that. You can either tilt your head to use your dominant eye or learn to aim with your weak eye (some put frosted scotch tape over their dominant eye on their shooting glasses). I know a couple of shooters who have done one or the other and have been successful with either.

You can also shoot left handed - which is what I do. It is surprising how little time it takes before it becomes more natural than shooting right-handed.

Slav

I am left eye dominant and right handed, but can (and have) switched to shooting with my right eye in some stages. Sometimes it happens when shooting around barricades on the right side, but not often. I realized that it happened at a few matches, but my shooting did not suffer. When using a recurve bow I shoot left handed due to my eye dominance, but I can shoot near as well right handed. :D