Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well it's time for the 4th annual Rocky Mountain 300. For most of you that don't know what it is, in a nutshell here it is:

5 Stages, 300 rounds. That's right approximatly 60 per stage, give or take. It is not a USPSA sanctioned match, but the rules (except for round count criteria) is adhered to. I believe it is the "richest" payback match for miles around. We return 75 percent of the match fees to winners of divisions (down to 3 places if the numbers work) and give away random prizes after the shootoff on Sunday, which is an entirely separate match.

The dates are April 19th and 20th, we have camping at the range with running water restrooms and showers. This match is designed so ALL shooters have a "real" chance at receiving a great prize. This year in addition the $4000.00 in cash and prizes, like last year, we are going to give a gun at random drawing to each division that has at least 10 entries.

The shootoffs are handicapped, so in theory any one can win. We give back 100 percent of the entry fees for this. We limit it to the first 75 shooters, so don't delay.

Do the math, not too shabby of odds to win a gun, and last year I believe everyone got at least their entry fee back in terms of prizes. The app is on www.ecouspsa.com under major matches. Hope to see you there!

abs

Edited by abs

The payback is three places down per division? That means no payback per class, is that right? Are all uspsa divisions recognized?

Thanks,

MLM

Actually it's three places per class, if there are enough in each class. All divisions are recognized.

Forgive my pour reading skills. Had a long week.

Is the 75 limit just for the shoot off?

Thanks

You'll have to borrow a few more mags than you did for the state match if you shoot this in production ;) . Been there, done that....

Thanks SA... Those were for my girl friend. I still think that I could be short with 7 in LIMITED.... :blink:

Sounds like a goods time though... Good memory by the way! :cheers:

Thanks

You'll have to borrow a few more mags than you did for the state match if you shoot this in production ;) . Been there, done that....

Thanks SA... Those were for my girl friend. I still think that I could be short with 7 in LIMITED.... :blink:

watched more than one good limited shooter run out of ammo before targets on the 60 pieces of steel stage. As I watched this, I was borrowing mags and went to the line with 12 fully loaded mags. I added a 4th double mag pouch to my belt for the match, and still ended up with mags in my pocket at the line. You learn a lot about the limits of your shooting endurance in this match. Also saw more than one shooter lose themselves after about the 6th or 7th array transition. It's a lot of planning to keep straight in your head on a couple of stages. Damn, I hope I can make it back for this. it might work out, but it's going to be tough....

Thanks

watched more than one good limited shooter run out of ammo before targets on the 60 pieces of steel stage. As I watched this, I was borrowing mags and went to the line with 12 fully loaded mags. I added a 4th double mag pouch to my belt for the match, and still ended up with mags in my pocket at the line. You learn a lot about the limits of your shooting endurance in this match. Also saw more than one shooter lose themselves after about the 6th or 7th array transition. It's a lot of planning to keep straight in your head on a couple of stages. Damn, I hope I can make it back for this. it might work out, but it's going to be tough....

Well sure hope to see you there! B)

Edited by Turbo23

There used to be a charity match here in Texas with 40rd stages. I saw one guy leave 5--18rd mags laying on the ground as well as several pieces of steel still standing on one stage. He was laughing, though, just like the rest of us. Just imagine a 60rd stage. HMMM, sounds like fun. Unfortunately it is the same weekend as the Space City Challenge match. Maybe next year, if it is a different time.

MLM

Oh my,this does sound fun!If I'd have found out about this a little sooner,I'd be in.Theres just to much stuff in the way for me this year.I'll probably be in for next year.Count on seeing a few of us there in May for the ICORE match though.Hope you have a good turnout and a good match!-Mike

• 1 month later...