Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930

Chuck Anderson

• 4 weeks later...

I've read some articles lately on the Mossberg, and I agree. Although I have 2 Remingtons, I'd still like to try a Mossberg. The price is very attractive and they seem to have a reputation for being reliable. All it would really need would be a more suitable mag length.

Keep us posted, TRUBL.

Well, I have it on the list and the next time I run any barrel nuts, I will be making nuts for the Mossberg thread as well. I suspect within a couple months for sure. Probably sooner.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the capacity issue for the 930 has been resolved. I've made nuts for the 590 this weekend....and if they are the same thread as the 930, I'll have some done in a week or so.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Got a chance today to shoot my buddies 930 with his Nordic Extensions mag extension. The gun ran flawlessly on everything from 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 oz loads to 3/14 1 1/8 oz loads. The gun is pretty light and jumped around a bit, but I'm used to shooting Remington and Brownings. Looks like it will be a good gun. The magazine tube needs to be opened up and the forend ground away a 1/2 an inch or so. But other than that it could be a stock out of the box gun.

• 1 year later...