Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSG-5

Catfish

PM me for contact info where I bought mine if you're interested as the dealer had more in stock as of yesterday morning - don't want to violate forum rules by posting here (I seem to recall I'm not supposed to do that, please correct me if I'm wrong ;) )

Will do, Spook!

Boz - the mags claim to hold 22, but there's been lots of folks who state they can get 24 in the mags. Considering my 10/22 mags hold 10, I think that's sufficient! ;)

Its about time that a .22 manufacturer actaully made a gun with a factory capacity over 10 rounds. What gives with virtually EVERY OTHER .22 maker out there? Do they know the AWB is over? (for now).

Ran the GSG-5 through its paces yesterday - shot ~900 rounds of mixed bulk .22lr. One failure to go bang, and it was just a cruddy .22 round that didn't want to be happy; no fault of the weapon's. Ran Winchester lead bullets and Federal plated hollow points.

The gun ran like a scalded dog all day long. Off hand at 10 yards, I put a full mag into the size of a silver dollar. Sitting down at the bench, using only my elbows as support, I was ringing an 8 inch steel plate at 100 yards at will.

Several folks shot it, and the one unifying theme was that we all chuckled quite a bit every time.

Here's a video of the last two mags of the day, and me chasing some platic bottles down range. As you can see, lots of fun!!

Edited by Catfish

I have a customer who has a pair coming in, and he said I could have one of them. I am itching to check it out. Where are the photos? :)

Tell me what you want to see, if anything specific, and I'd be happy to snap some shots. Meant to take a bunch yesterday, but forgot the damn memory stick and the couple of vids I took ate up all the internal memory.... I'm too young to be acting this old! ;)

Used the GSG-5 tonight as a pick up gun at our IDPA match - 19-20 people, some of whom had never shot a 'military' type rifle shot 15 or so rounds each through it on one stage and the gun ran flawlessly again. I'm rapidly becoming convinced the gun is going to run and run and run....

Thanks for the vids and the report Catfish!

How is the overall quality/feel of the GSG-5? I've heard some comments about it being kind of cheap and plastic feeling. Then again, my favourite gun is cheap and plastic ;)

The stock is the weak point of the rifle - it's an airsoft stock. Part of the reason we shot it last night was I wanted to see how it would do getting picked up/banged around and dropped by shooters not familiar with it and it did just fine.

The overall weight and heft of the GSG-5 is VERY close to an HK94. Overall quality is very good - I mean, really, did you expect anything less from a German built weapon? ;) They did a fantastic job of copying even the smallest details on the GSG-5, keeping it spot on to what the HK looks like.

I'll keep my eye out for a heavier stock as time goes by, and maybe a collapsable one, which I hear is in the works - that's really the only place I can see where they might have cut a corner. I wouldn't want to butt stroke anyone with this rifle, but then again, that's not what it was built for. :rolleyes:

I'm really pleased with the rifle!