Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Springfield 1911

sniperdog

My springfield drops mags really easily, but my Caspian is more finicky.

Starting at the top third of the mag, measure the width. A digital caliper is needed for accuracy, and the width should not exceed 0.533, any wider than that and I sometimes get hang-ups. Just give them a little squeeze with smooth jawed plyers and then measure.

This should work.

Starting at the top third of the mag, measure the width. A digital caliper is needed for accuracy, and the width should not exceed 0.533, any wider than that and I sometimes get hang-ups. Just give them a little squeeze with smooth jawed plyers and then measure.

This should work.

Do you mean .543"?

-533" is pretty tight for the rounds inside the mag.

.543" is on the low side of 1911 mag specs, and will usually do the trick.

This should work.

Do you mean .543"?

Nope, I meant 0.533, works for me.

This should work.

Do you mean .543"?

Mag Unloaded?

This should work.

Do you mean .543"?

Mag Unloaded?

Yep, empty mags, also the mags all drop free in my other 2 Springfields so I think it is an issue with this one. Seems to be mag catch the more I play with it. Will try some really fine emery cloth to polish it up alittle

This should work.

Do you mean .543"?

Mag Unloaded?

Yep, empty mags, also the mags all drop free in my other 2 Springfields so I think it is an issue with this one. Seems to be mag catch the more I play with it. Will try some really fine emery cloth to polish it up alittle

Got the problem fixed it was the middle finger on the mainspring rubbing the mag. I took a lillte of the bend out of it and the mags drop free, thanks for all the help from everyone.