Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Drag, Low Speed Operators!

rhino

Once again I avoided practicing today. I was supposed to meet BigDave & twix at the range for a little cheat...er...practice time. By an extraordinary coincidence, my mother needed some help with her computer class homework. So, I was just a wee bit late for the practicing and just in time to rezero my rifle. ;)

Anyway . . . when we were putting my gear away in my truck, BigDave mentioned that my gear might take a bit too long to deploy in a "Homeland Defense" situation. On the way, I realized he was absolutely right!

:huh:

I am high drag and low speed! :ph34r:

If the spikey haired mutants came pouring over the ridge, how long would it take YOU to get geared up to defend the homestead?

Since I live in flatland Indiana, I think I'd have all the time I need before I saw anyone coming over anything even remotely resembling a "ridge".

On the other hand, I HAVE conducted some urban survelliance missions with the Blue Rhino, and I must say that he does adapt rather quickly to any raised threat level.

My Prodigious Proboscis is tuned for sensing DANGER! :unsure::ph34r::unsure:

Plus . . . the 15 rounds I have in my Para, plus 9 in the single stack, plus two spare mags on my person for each should buy me enough time to pop the tonneau cover and unzip my rifle case. I hope.

Maybe I need some of those NASA-style explosive bolts on the back of my truck to really blow the lid in an emergency! :rolleyes:

Or maybe just wear my AR slung all the time. After a while, people would probably get used to it and stop noticing. ;)

While I'm waiting for the Goverment to come to my rescue I 'll have time to assemble my gear, reload a few thousand rounds and maybe even get in the proper mindset. (as described in all the popular magazines) :P

Indeed!

Plus, I won't be available for a while to repel invasions. I have a principal role in the new movieI'm filming, "The Slow and the Mildly Irritated." There will be a big, bald Italian guy in the lead and lots of car chases, but no one will break the speed limit or raise their voices at one another. B)

I have been waiting for the dog gone Canadians to come streaming over the boarder into Montana for years. When they do, I will let them fire there 10 or 11 rounds then they are mine........

I have been waiting for the dog gone Canadians to come streaming over the boarder into Montana for years. When they do, I will let them fire there 10 or 11 rounds then they are mine........

Excellent plan . . . good thinking . . . :ph34r: