Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun cover

G-ManBart

Okay, all the threads I could find on this are pretty old and it seems some of the companies aren't making them anymore...so, aside from the CR Speed cover, has anybody had luck with a cover for Open guns? I bought a Guga Ribas cover for my Limited gun and it's sweet, but I don't know that they make one that's larger (and SSI is out of stock)....I thought I got the biggest one they made and it won't quite fit my Open gun. So any ideas would be appreciated.

Yes, I've seen people using plastic bags and shower caps, but I'd prefer something a little more durable :) I've heard the Nat's venue in Tulsa is pretty dusty and I'd like to solve the problem now rather than scramble at the last minute.

Okay, all the threads I could find on this are pretty old and it seems some of the companies aren't making them anymore...so, aside from the CR Speed cover, has anybody had luck with a cover for Open guns? I bought a Guga Ribas cover for my Limited gun and it's sweet, but I don't know that they make one that's larger (and SSI is out of stock)....I thought I got the biggest one they made and it won't quite fit my Open gun. So any ideas would be appreciated.

Yes, I've seen people using plastic bags and shower caps, but I'd prefer something a little more durable :) I've heard the Nat's venue in Tulsa is pretty dusty and I'd like to solve the problem now rather than scramble at the last minute.

Tulsa isn't that dusty. I don't know the size you have but I've seen a pretty big cover from Guga.

CED has a nice big one and it's cheap. Only $10

And its also ugly as sin.... Yeah, don't listen to Steve, here... he's just trying to see how many Open guys he can dupe into using an expensive shower cap for a gun cover.... :lol:

And its also ugly as sin.... Yeah, don't listen to Steve, here... he's just trying to see how many Open guys he can dupe into using an expensive shower cap for a gun cover.... :lol:

My personal favorite is the bandana or ratty wash cloth stuffed in the magazine well. :rolleyes:

I hate blowing dust on ranges.

photo.gif

Hey Steve,

Something about that picture looks - how do I say this - obscene.

And why are you taking pics of a guy wearing a gun in his crotch??

LOL - Just Kidding Steve!

:devil:

:blush:

:P

:yawn:

What's the downside of just baggin that baby between stages? At our local matches, many people bag them after every stage.

I like to not have to worry about my gun while I work on the stage (taping/scoring/setting).

What's the downside of just baggin that baby between stages? At our local matches, many people bag them after every stage.

I like to not have to worry about my gun while I work on the stage (taping/scoring/setting).

At our local matches I do just that...safety area in every bay, but at bigger matches it's sometimes harder to do. I hate to have to ask the RO to carry a gun rug so I can bag at the end of a stage and it slows them down, so I just won't do it. When I can I'll walk to the safety area and bag my gun before going back to paste/set etc, but a cover is a nice option to have. R,