Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need fixed night sights for G21

Suburban Commando

I'm looking to buy a G19, so I'll need a good set of night sights for that. I figure I'll take the race cut Heinie's off the G21, and put them on the 19. The 21 shoots high with the Heinies anyway.

Does Dawson or Warren Tactical or someone else make something similar to the Heinie straight eight sights, specifically for the large frame pistols?

I looked into TFOs, but I'm reading lots of reports about the front sight coming apart.

I recommend talking to Heinie. If your 21 shoots high he can send you a taller front sight to correct that problem.

AFAIK all the glock sight dovetails are the same. I have small and large frame Glocks, I'm pretty sure they all take the same sight dovetail.

I stand corrected. Heinie makes a different sight for the G36. All the rest are the same.

Edited by Caspian_45

Reference the TFO sights, I have had no problems with mine. I have about 15,000 through my G35 and about 5000 through my G21 with no probs with the sights. Great for self defense sights in my opinion. Both of those are duty guns and they have stood up to the abuse of work and the round count....

The G21 shoots high with the Heinies. IIRC, around 2-3 inches at 50 feet.

I see a lot of G21s and G20s with Dawson adjustables, I'm pretty sure this is why. I could try swapping front sights, but the little bitty front sights held on with screws cost about $30, and that's not even with tritium.

EDIT:

Oh, now I see there's a disclaimer on the Heinie website that some pistols shoot high.

The companies that make different sets for the large frame guns must make the rear sight wider, so that it doesn't look strange on the wider slide.

Edited by Suburban Commando

• 3 weeks later...