Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Custom Open Gun -- 22 Caliber?

TrueDoubleTaper

I was told that the Kimber .22 mags will fit a single stack with the Marvel Unit. They make a 15 round mag. I have not tried them so can't verify that they work.

Thanks for correcting me. I knew that I had heard someone out there was making a 15 rounder but for some reason I was thinking it was Marvel.

Joe W.

Nice piece.

I always wanted to put a slide racker on mine but I've always been afraid of cutting into the firing pin.

If you want to lighten it up a bit the weaver rail is not needed. I've been shooting mine for 5 years now with nothing on top of the barrel. Accuracy is not affected.

I agree - this is just awesome looking! I love the slide racker too. I wasn't so much scared of cutting into the firing pin as how the extra weight on the slide might effect on cycling since regular .22 doesn't pack that much power.

How does it shoot?

Nice piece.

I always wanted to put a slide racker on mine but I've always been afraid of cutting into the firing pin.

If you want to lighten it up a bit the weaver rail is not needed. I've been shooting mine for 5 years now with nothing on top of the barrel. Accuracy is not affected.

I agree - this is just awesome looking! I love the slide racker too. I wasn't so much scared of cutting into the firing pin as how the extra weight on the slide might effect on cycling since regular .22 doesn't pack that much power.

How does it shoot?

Nice piece.

The racker does not cut into the firing pin casing, no worries on that aspect. The extra weight does not slow the slide down at all. You are correct, you do not have to have anything on top, but with the aluminum frame, it is on the brink of being too light anyway.