Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW Slide Stop

TMFAKBFS

Hi,

I have a question for the guys who have an EGW slide stop in there Tanfoglios.

Could you please show me what you did with the hole that stays open after you switched the original slide stop with the one from EGW ? Im considering to order one but dont have an idea what to do with the hole.

Thanks,

I thought about making a small part to fill the hole for esthetics, but for function it doesn't matter. It might be hard to make a fill-in piece look good too. You could always weld it up and refinish I guess.

I look at my guns as hammers.. they are tools. Nice tools, but still a tool. If you are a competitive shooter, a hard slide stop is a good idea. If you're a recreational shooter you don't need the hard slide pin and stay with whatever looks good.

I'm not troubled by the hole. I consider it a heat-vent that cools the internal parts when I'm shooting really fast. Of course it does act as a wind-break when running down-range and the air gets trapped inside the gun therefore slowing my times down just a tad. I've learned to compensate for this by shooting more A's.

But seriously, I did notice a slight bend in my original slide stop pin, so I'm happy with the EGW alternative.

You can always put a piece of griptape over it! Perhaps even cut it out in an interesting design...like the shape of Texas or :rolleyes:

Yup, it bothers me too, but if you are worried about dirt getting in, griptape will stop it and it looks right at home. If someone should ask why you have griptape "there" just tell them it's for when you do your "weak hand inverted tactical draw :ph34r: " and that should dampen thier curiosity :goof:

Enjoy the gun :cheers:

@ ks shooter : I really enjoy my limited. It's an awesome gun to shoot. After a couple of upgrades from Hennings shop it's even better ;) It's shoots really flat with my recipe, 5.2 Gr N320 and a 180grain Berry bullet and that makes Major ;). I love it.

See for yourself ;)

Tanfoglio Limited Custom .40S&W

The only upgrades I still want are the EGW slide stop, ambidextrous Safety, and the fiber optic sight (made by a gunsmith over here).

Edited by TMFAKBFS

I look at my guns as hammers.. they are tools. Nice tools, but still a tool. If you are a competitive shooter, a hard slide stop is a good idea. If you're a recreational shooter you don't need the hard slide pin and stay with whatever looks good.

Those of us who can't shoot, have to look good somehow!!!

The only upgrades I still want are the EGW slide stop, ambidextrous Safety, and the fiber optic sight (made by a gunsmith over here).

Good little video! If the fiber optic sight is like the Brazos MicroDot, I would love to get my hands on one. Who do I have to kill......I mean contact :unsure:

Fiber is gonna be this one. :goof: Maybe you could go with these pictures to a gunsmith in your country and ask him to build you one ? A gunsmith over here (The Netherlands) can make almost everything. You must like such a guy ;)

post-11998-1201033830.jpg

post-11998-1201033848.jpg

post-11998-1201033868.jpg