Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crossfit training

Chris Conley

I'm not kicking myself, but I couldn't tell you the time because after after I got cross-eyed and dizzy I stopped. I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone with this one. I hope to get the hang of it. I'm sure that I won't look at the clock for a while.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More scaling required :D

No worries on the time, man ;) In starting with Linda, you picked one of the monster workouts... that's a brave one. They don't call that one "The 3 Bars of Death" for nothing! Cross-eyed, dizzy... yeah... those are good things ;):lol: Keep it up... ;)

More scaling required :D

No worries on the time, man ;) In starting with Linda, you picked one of the monster workouts... that's a brave one. They don't call that one "The 3 Bars of Death" for nothing! Cross-eyed, dizzy... yeah... those are good things ;):lol: Keep it up... ;)

Isn't ignorance wonderful? :lol: It makes a lot of sense to keep track of my glacial times. I should know better. It seems like ever since I started to track food intake and the few little exercises that I was doing I've seen a lot more improvement. I suppose it keeps it foremost in my mind and helps me to be honest with myself.

Thanks for the tips and encouragement.

Today at the gym, it was a scaled Cindy, me and my hubby. Last time I did Cindy, it was scaled to 1 pull up, 4 push ups, and 7 squats and I did 9 rounds in 12 minutes. Today, it was

AMRAP in 12 min of

5 Pull ups

10 push ups

15 squats

I didn't expect to get the same number of rounds bumping up the reps but I got close! 7 rounds in 12 minutes. I can't do kipping pull ups at this gym (not without the risk of tipping over the whole weight contraption - it isn't anchored) so half the rounds ended up being jumping pull ups, the rest were done on the gravitron at 70% body weight). The push ups went to the bench versus the floor on the third round. On the last round I had to break up the set into 5 and 5. The squats, as usual, were the easiest part.

So overall, I think I've definitely made progress over the last round of Cindy. Now if you'll excuse me I had more kool-aid to drink.... :cheers:

Is anyone using any supplements? I am using pure dried egg whites and Muscle Milk RTD. When I leave for the desert here in a month I will be taking a keg of Muscle Milk with me.

Crossfit works wonders in the desert. More time for sleep!!

I take a multi called "Alive" from the health food store and Calcium supps to help bind the oxylate so as to inhibit kidney stone formation. Was never a big fan of vites but I sure notice the benifts under Crossfit.

Got the word back from the knee doctor yesterday. Torn tendon. Looks like I'll be out for a couple more weeks. I go back and see him again on Monday. Totally bummed now....

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

I take a multi called "Alive" from the health food store and Calcium supps to help bind the oxylate so as to inhibit kidney stone formation. Was never a big fan of vites but I sure notice the benifts under Crossfit.

Excelent! I was concerned about kidney stone probelm and vitamins! Thanks!

Excelent! I was concerned about kidney stone probelm and vitamins! Thanks!

Ummm, the calcium I take is specific to my metabolic problem, where I do not process calcium very well, thereby oxaltes not binding and precipitating in the kidneys. There are a variety of stones and the specific formation of, so you taking calcium as a preventative to stone formation most likely is not too accurate. Some people form them with too much protein in the diet, etc. etc.

Chris - Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Are they gonna repair it? Ortho surgery is pretty good these days. I hope it all works out for you.

As for the vitamin discussion, I take calcium w/ D and minerals, high quality fish oil, and a whole food multi vitamin. I also mix one or two emergen-c's into my daily water (the joint complex one). Hmm....I guess I should include this. I end up with one or two tblsp's in my kefir shakes or in my coffee as creamer if I'm low on protein for the day. In addition to the vitamins, it has a ton of amino acids.

Does muscle milk contain soy? I tried to look on the website for ingredients but could only find the nutrition label. Soy is no bueno for the ladies.

And since I did yoga yesterday, I did the filthy fifty today - albeit it was more like the twisted twenty-five. The push presses were the monster. I started to feel a twinge in my elbow so I backed down from a 45# bar to a 23# body bar at rep 15. Had to split the gravitron pull ups into two sets (12/13). The burpees too with the push ups changing to knees from of feet at rep 9. I split the back extensions too. I can't actually hit the ball against the wall so I tossed it straight up for the wall ball set. I grabbed late once and bonked my throat...yeah that feel good <_< It took what seemed like a long time but was actually only 18:40. I had to keep checking the list to see what came next! I was hugely winded but I don't feel sore (well, not yet).

The only supplement I take is 1000 mg of Vitamin C.

That sucks about the tendon, how did you do it?

Here's what the MRI says: Tear of the quadriceps tendon medially at its patellar attachment site.

Believe it or not but I did it doing box drills with my rifle. Cleats can be a bad thing sometimes. Didn't really hurt at first just burned real bad. Now it feels like a 24 hour tooth ache. I've had that knee scoped before. I was back playing golf in a week.

The thing that's got me bummed the most is that I can't do anything. I feel like I'm wasting time.

Chris C.

Does muscle milk contain soy? I tried to look on the website for ingredients but could only find the nutrition label. Soy is no bueno for the ladies.

I believe it has soy lecithin or whatever but that is it. No soy protein. It uses casein and whey.

Muscle Milk Ingredients:

EVOPRO Our Custom Evaluation based protein, peptide, and amino acid matrix, designed to closely reflect the nitrogen components and ratios found in human mother's milk (Micellar Alpha and Beta Casiens and Cassienates, Whey concentrates, rich in Alpha-Lactalbumin, Whey Isolates, Whey Peptides, Purified Bovine Colostrum Extract rich in Secretory IgA and IGF-1, Glutamine Peptides, L-Taurine, Lactofemin). LEANLIPIDES Lipid complex selected for thermogenic and unique energy properties (Canola Oil, Enzyme Engineered Polyunsaturated Long-Chain Vegetable Oils, MCT's, L-Carnitine), Fructose, Maltodextrin, CYTOVITE I, Vitamin and Mineral premix consisting of (Vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol, d-alpha-tocopherol acetate, ascorbic acid, folate, thiamine monohydrate, riboflavin, niacinamide, pyrodoxine HCL, cyanocobalamine, biotin, pantothenic acid, di-calcium phosphate, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, ferrous fumerate, magnesium oxide, copper gluconate, and zinc oxide), Natural and Artificial flavors, creatine, GCC, our proprietary, endogenous creatine precurser (glutamine, betaine, SAMe, [s-Adenosylmethionine]), acesulfame potassium, sucralose, chromum nicotinate

Edited by theknightoflight

Yeah I've been there buddy. Give it time to heal then get back to it...make sure it heals up good before you screw with it though.

You might consider checking this out for rehabbing it.

link

Thanks for the info Jake. I'll look into maybe starting that next week. I'll see what the Dr. says first thing Monday morning. It's already starting to feel a little better.

Chris C.