Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue cylinder release

vrmn1

I can reload with both hands but I am a touch faster loading with my right hand.

It looks like you would have to lift your thumb an extreme amount. I wish the Ed Brown was still available.

I didn't care for it much, made my hand bleed. It would gouge my thumb during recoil. I just keep coming back to the current factory offering. I have been loading both strong and weak hand and still like the factory best.

41mag

I have used one for about a year. Purchased one at the IRC last June. I Love it. I have small hands and the extension really helps. Little FFL has one on his gun and that one item has really sped up his reloads. He would have all sorts of trouble getting the factory release to work and with his 11 year old hands he just couldn't make the factory one work.

I wish the Ed Brown was still available.

I don't like the giant extended releases like the Hogue or the Pinnacle models either. The aluminum CCW model available from Dillon isn't too bad. Or better yet--check with Six Shot here on the forum and see if he can get you one of the Ed Brown copies that his buddy makes on the CNC machine. Last I heard he was charging $25 each + $5 shipping.

I got one this past year, and now I can release the cylinder without shifting my strong hand grip. Or I can roll the gun and use strong hand for picking and placing the moon clip. It can make a difference on some stages, where you might threaten the 180 with a "normal" reload.

My short thumb doesn't get banged up the way Pat's does.