Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocket35

Rocket35

Today's practice: Vice/El Pres drills with the airsoft gun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvCKYmJ5bms

One thing that strikes me about this is how much you have to move your body to get to your mag... there is a lot of wasted motion therre. Have you thought about getting the mags out a bit, or is there anything you can do to limit all that body movement?

Yeah I noticed that too- I will have to look into that. The airsoft I am using is a double stack without magwell and I am currently shooting single stack. I will have to get a skinny airsoft gun and put some spacers in the mag pouches. Videoing really does help not only learn what needs to improve, but what is going right. ;) So far I am having alot of fun though!

Hey Chris- I feel for ya, but you are way ahead of me on practice! I need to catch up!! Let me know how things go with fixing your other two air-guns....

I haven't shot in a month, my wrist has been pretty bad. I managed to get in about 30mins of dry yesterday, but had to do it with a brace on. I might have to face the fact I will have to shoot less and use a brace when I do. Strange feeling drawing and shooting with a brace. Hard to get on the gun right, but I suppose I can overcome that.

Edited by JThompson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well good luck Jim and hope you get better soon. Don't push it and heal properly bro! :cheers:

It won't heal... it's something that was done racing motorcycles and unless it gets so I can use it I'm not letting them "practice" medicine on my hand. It gets bad for a while then seems to get better. Sorry id there are any orthopods out there, but I've had to many friends come out worse than they went in.

Thanks for the concern though Jay...

Edited by JThompson

Here is my current weekly training plan- I will be starting it tomorrow and do it for 8 weeks. The first week I will take notes and record times distances and such then follow up each week to track progress....

Monday- Movement (570)

10- Moving Forward

10- Moving Backward

10- Moving to the right

10- Moving to the left

10- Box to right box

10- Box to left box

10- Box to forward box

Tuesday- Dryfire

20- Strong hand only reset drill

20- Weak hand only reset drill

20- Freestyle reset drill

10- "Around the belt" reloads

10- Hands at sides draws

10- Surrender draws

10- Strong hand only draws

10- Weak hand only draws

Wednesday- Presidente (480)

10- Vice Presidente

10- El Presidente

10- Strong hand Presidente

10- Weak hand Presidente

Thursday- Dryfire

20- Strong hand only reset drill

20- Weak hand only reset drill

20- Freestyle reset drill

10- "Around the belt" reloads

10- Hands at sides draws

10- Surrender draws

10- Strong hand only draws

10- Weak hand only draws

Friday- Draws/Reloads (340)

30- Hands at sides

30- Surrender

30- Strong hand only

30- Weak hand only

30- Table- loaded

30- Table- unloaded

10- 6 reload 6

10- 2 reload 2

Saturday- Match Day

Sunday- Steel/Barricade (370)

12- Left to Right

12- Right to Left

12- Alternating

12- Challenge style

10- Wide Transitions

5- Right side of barricade

5- Left side of barricade

5- 3-port transitions

Back again today with another video of Airsoft training. I worked on modified Vice Prez drills. The ones where you go to stronghand or weakhand only. Seemed to go well and I was happy with the results. I was only due to dryfire today but I could resist playing with the Airsoft gun! I think I am addicted! :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8JYgAiAvw

• 3 months later...

New video posted of this month's CASA match.

Had some problems with ammo- think I am trying to run too short of ammo in my .40 cal blaster. I am getting a nose down jam on the feed ramp. Seems like longer bullets feed better. Just received my shipment of 200gr Black Bullet International pills. I will be able to load these to 1.200" instead of the 1.180". We'll see if that solves some of my feeding issues.