Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shipping charges!

Matt Cheely

I hate that a major online shooting retailer is screwing us on shipping. They have 100, 500 or 1000 bullets for sale but you have to pay for shipping. But if you get 2000 it's free freight. Sweet!!!

Except, they have everything in stock except the 2000 pack with free freight.

Give me a break! You can stick 2 - 1000 count packages in one box. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I hate that a major online shooting retailer is screwing us on shipping. They have 100, 500 or 1000 bullets for sale but you have to pay for shipping. But if you get 2000 it's free freight. Sweet!!!

Except, they have everything in stock except the 2000 pack with free freight.

Give me a break! You can stick 2 - 1000 count packages in one box. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I know who you're talking about -- I sent them an email, and to their credit they responded promptly, but 'twas no help:

My question to them was: why not use flat rate boxes, and why are you out-of-stock of the 2k "free shipping" offers, but have 1k of the same bullet available? Here is the reply:

Dear Mr. King:

Thank you for your email. Flat Rate service allows one to ship anything one can fit into the provided box (up to 50 lbs) for a flat fee of about $10. We cannot currently offer this service because we have no way of guaranteeing a customer that shipping price. We give the shipping charge when the order is placed and the credit card is also charged at that time. If we give the shipping quote as Flat rate for $10 and we start to pack the order and find out that it won't fit, we have to contact each customer with a new shipping quote, get authorization for a second charge, and hold the orders (taking up massive amounts of warehouse space) until we can do so. If we can't contact a customer, we would have to cancel the order. With around 3,000 packages shipping every day, this is simply not possible.

We do use flat rate boxes to offer free freight on some items. If you go to our website and search on the words "free freight", you will see all the items we pre-pack in flat rate boxes and offer with no shipping charges. We apologize if they are out of stock from time to time.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Woo F$ing hoo. They're not getting my business. I'd rather wait for a month to get my bullets from Angus.

Yeah, I hate it when they try to bait you in like that and find out stuff is out of stock/backordered, or you live in the middle of the ocean and we ship only by ground (stuff gets shipped by ground all the time to my work place) :angry2: .

+1 on Angus and Roger :cheers:

I have them notify me by e-mail when what I want is in stock.. I guess when dealing with a non-competition site I have lower expectations compared to dealing with Chuck (the King of customer service).

If you go to said place and to use rainier 180s as an example, they add 5$ bucks to the 2k free shipping package vs X 2 of the 1k, not that they can ship for 5 bucks but shouldn't the more of one thing you buy be cheaper not more expensive? I mean you save 6$ if you buy 1k of them over the 500 lots.....

Yeah, I'm with ya on that one.

Of course be careful, too, with FREE UPS shipping. Recently ordered 2k of Ranier 180gr bullets on a Cabela's special. With free shipping, and them still honoring the fall flyer special, it came out to something like 93.50/k. I have no idea how they shoot, in fact, but just need *something* that's in .40 S&W and weighs 180gr to practice with.

Expected 'em Monday, based on the UPS tracking....Hmm, no show. Tuesday no show, and I saw that the package had been damaged in transit -- "exception, shipper notified." Today the box showed up -- clearly repackaged, and taped up. About 500 bullets were loose, but I put them in a plastic container and based on the bathroom scale's weight I have 2022. Close enough, I guess....I just would hate to only get 1400, or so, and have 600 being swept up at some shipping depot. :(

From what I've read, this is SOP for this vendor.

Of course be careful, too, with FREE UPS shipping. Recently ordered 2k of Ranier 180gr bullets on a Cabela's special. With free shipping, and them still honoring the fall flyer special, it came out to something like 93.50/k. I have no idea how they shoot, in fact, but just need *something* that's in .40 S&W and weighs 180gr to practice with.

I have some Rainier that I got years ago and they shoot fine in my Revolver and my Auto. <_< I paid $34 a thow for them :blink:

What about when they charge extra for say 1k due to size but when you order 2- 500s there is no extra charge.

Or the wonderful we cant keep our employees from steeling handguns so you have to pay for 2nd day air and they still lose them.