Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

limited 10...?

-JQ-

I understand that lim10 is 10 rounds in mag. But does this mean the mag capacity has to be 10 or just the number of rounds loaded?

My take is, I can use hi-cap mags with only 10 in mag.

Still trying to get my head around this practical shooting thing...

That's correct. I use an 18 round mag loaded with 10 rounds (plus 1 in the chamber) in my CZ 75 SP-01 C. I only use 11 if it makes sense with the String. This is the current IDPA rule for SSP and ESP. CDP is 8 + 1. The new 2008 USPSA is 10 in Limited 10 Division (makes sense) and Production Division.

SouthCentral

"I only use 11 if it makes sense with the String."

This comment earlier is 100% wrong if you are talking IDPA. Unless the course of fire specifies a lesser number of rounds in the mag... then it always requires that the shooter be loaded to Division capacity at the start of a stage.

SSP 10 + 1

ESR 10 + 1

CDP 8 + 1

MichiganShootist, please correct me if I'm wrong, ESP is 9+1 isn't it. I shoot a Kimber 9mm and my mags hold 9 rounds. If I am suppose to start with 10 in the magazine, I have to have different mags.

Thanks

If you have 9 round mags, you can use 9 +1, but you have to use 9+1 for the whole match. The last larger IDPA match that I went to had you declare mag capacity at registration. None of this even/odd stuff to adapt to round count.

I shoot a good many USPSA and steel matches, but sometimes if nothing else is going on I will shoot IDPA. I used 9 round magazine in all of them because I haven't found any good 10 round mags. I ordered 5 ten rounders yesterday from another member of this board. I hope they will work. I want them for USPSA Single Stack and IDPA when I shoot it.

Thanks

ESP is good for 10+1 as far as I know.

I've never loaded mine (.38 Super) to 10 rounds because I like 9+1 better and it's pure hell trying to seat 10 round Wilson mags. I start the match with 9 round Colt mags and use the Wilson mags after that.