Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost of a Shooting Book going up 800%

I loaned one of my books to a club member. I asked him to treat it careful as it is an Autographed copy from Michael Plaxco. Shooting From Within . Pete did a search because he liked the information and wanted his "own" book.

:blink: The book, if you can find it now cost $150.00 Or you could have it shipped from Europe for 50 lb

<_< Got me to wondering <_< How many out their have one of the first prints of Brian's Book?

In 1991 Brian was ...just ...a ...bit embarrassed when I asked him to autograph my book. I am happy that I was smart enough to know. ;)

Jamie, I was always amused by the heady amazon.com price listings for copies of this apparently out of print book. If anyone wants one, they are still in stock from Brownells where I got mine...$19.95 plus shipping in softcover.

Not autographed, though :devil:

That same book has been for sale on Amazon since I started this game.

You all make sure somebody with good intentions doesn't buy it off there and give it to you for Christmas. :(

:goof: Like some one would give me a book, Most can't believe that I can read

Amazon.com is a rip-off :angry:

Chris, it's actually an Amazon Marketplace listing...normally a good place to buy and sell books not available through the "new book" Amazon.com listings. I've got plenty of bargains there, buy most of my books used that way, actually.

The world is full of dreamers: just don't tell whomever is trying to get $150 for that Plaxco book that a few are still available at Brownell's...they'd have to buy 'em up to preserve their "investment" :D

I loaned one of my books to a club member. I asked him to treat it careful as it is an Autographed copy from Michael Plaxco. Shooting From Within . Pete did a search because he liked the information and wanted his "own" book.

:blink: The book, if you can find it now cost $150.00 Or you could have it shipped from Europe for 50 lb

<_< Got me to wondering <_< How many out their have one of the first prints of Brian's Book?

In 1991 Brian was ...just ...a ...bit embarrassed when I asked him to autograph my book. I am happy that I was smart enough to know. ;)

My copy was autographed at Bianchi 91. I got it second hand. Should take better care of it.