Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas state carbine match

Here's who I'm tracking so far for dinner Saturday evening:

Fullauto_Shooter

M ammo and Mrs. M ammo

Brazos and Mrs. Brazos

lmccrock and Mrs. lmccrock (maybe?)

The Blackwell crew (maybe?)

Any local guys gonna make it out - Benny, Merlin, Aircooled6racer??

Pretty sure I can be there with 3 others. Have to see what my out of town company wants to do.... :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright - the pre-shoot dinner is looking pretty good. I cross posted this on ARFCOM and a few guys there are shooting the match and will probably eat with us too. Current attendee list:

Fullauto_Shooter

M ammo and Mrs. M ammo

Brazos and Mrs. Brazos

Merlin Orr + 3 (probably)

The ARFCOM Crew (probably)

lmccrock and Mrs. lmccrock (maybe)

The Blackwell crew (maybe)

Anybody else want in - Trapr, Benny, Aircooled6racer, Jamie, Superfly, AustinMike??

Oh - one more thing. I had posted earlier that the La Quinta near Navigation was $55 per night compared to $75 for the one on South Padre Island Drive. Well, I got a heads up from some of the local boys and found out that the one near Navigation is in a place called "The Cut" - a bad area (drugs, prostitution, much crime). So - anybody who was planning on staying there for the value might want to rethink their decision.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Alright - the pre-shoot dinner is looking pretty good. I cross posted this on ARFCOM and a few guys there are shooting the match and will probably eat with us too. Current attendee list:

Fullauto_Shooter

M ammo and Mrs. M ammo

Brazos and Mrs. Brazos

Anybody else want in - Trapr, Benny, Aircooled6racer, Jamie, Superfly, AustinMike??

Oh - one more thing. I had posted earlier that the La Quinta near Navigation was $55 per night compared to $75 for the one on South Padre Island Drive. Well, I got a heads up from some of the local boys and found out that the one near Navigation is in a place called "The Cut" - a bad area (drugs, prostitution, much crime). So - anybody who was planning on staying there for the value might want to rethink their decision.

I Can't come down until Sunday AM :blink: Blast off time 4:45 AM Wheels touch down at the range ... <_< ETA 7:30

I have never even watch a Carbine match before so you guys should get a good laugh over me

Jamie

Jamie: I have seen you shoot and I am sure you will do better than me. It will be my 3rd time shooting an AR in a local match. It will be only my 5th or 6th time shooting an AR unless I practice this week. It should be fun. My plan is to kick Benny and Merlin in the knees so they won't be able to run. That won't work either, they will probibly still beat me ;-). Oh well I guess I'll just have to go for style points. Thanks, Eric

Merlin,

Good deal - hope to see you and your crew there on Saturday evening.

Eric,

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you - hope you can secure a kitchen pass. If you wanna slow down Benny - you need to kick him somewhere other than his knees!! By the way - I put your Dillon Cartridge counter in the mail today - should be there in a few days. I'll let you know when funds arrive.

Jamie,

Dang - 0445 departure - that's what I call "Army early". Don't worry - if you shoot a rifle even remotely as well as a pistol, you'll be just fine. As far as a Cup goes - you CANNOT have too much protection when dealing with rifle shooters.

Hello: Benny has a bad knee and Merlin is just alot taller than me. Jamie, I used to play hockey in a country far far away. You may need knee pads and elbow pads for this Carbine match ;-)Its a go for dinner for me. I will try to get some local guys to go as well. I do have the greatest wife though. See you soon. Thanks, Eric

Can myself and the 3 other gentlemen from Cross Timbers IDPA join you all for dinner?

Thanks,

Gary J.

Gary,

Certainly - the more, the merrier!! We're getting a pretty good crowd together (16 definite / probably and 5 maybes) - it ought to be a fun evening. :cheers:

Fullauto_Shooter

M ammo and Mrs. M ammo

Brazos and Mrs. Brazos

Aircooled6racer

High Velocity +3

Doug

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

<_< I was wonder-ing ? should I bring an FTDR or will one be available for me when I arive? :unsure:

LOL!! I think the only thing IDPA about this match will be the plus time scoring?! My understanding is that there will be no rules pertaining to cover, splitting the pie, tactical order, etc. Could be wrong, but that's what I understand based on the things I've read about the match.

No insider stuff, do the safety stuff right, watch the foot faults and charge lines. Reload where and if you want and shoot em as you see em will get you thur it, at least on stage 5.-------------Larry

Edited by Larry White

No insider stuff, do the safety stuff right, watch the foot faults and charge lines. Reload where you want and shoot em as you see em will get you thur it, at least on stage 5.-------------Larry

Larry - sounds good. Are you RO'ing stage 5?

Merlin and I, unless something changes.----------------Larry

I might make this match just for fun, but I must know what your 4 letter abbreviation stands for. Sorry to be unschooled in this, I've been busy studying other things :cheers:

If I decide to go, I will definitely make the dinner you are planning too. :D I'd stay the night before - that 0445 stuff is not a part of my schedule and never will be! :yawn:

I might make this match just for fun, but I must know what your 4 letter abbreviation stands for. Sorry to be unschooled in this, I've been busy studying other things :cheers:

If I decide to go, I will definitely make the dinner you are planning too. :D I'd stay the night before - that 0445 stuff is not a part of my schedule and never will be! :yawn:

The 4 letter abbreviation is ..... Failure To Do Right - A special death penalty applied by IDPA SOs to punish (as "deemed necessary") during a match run under IDPA rules. This match is not run with IDPA rules - just scored with IDPA scoring.

The other 2 letters Larry refers to are probably FU or DQ. Hopefully neither will be heard on Stage 5..... :)

No insider stuff, do the safety stuff right, watch the foot faults and charge lines. Reload where and if you want and shoot em as you see em will get you thur it, at least on stage 5.-------------Larry

..See :unsure: He said Foote fault ...They are already after me.

..See :unsure: He said Foote fault ...They are already after me.

Well, you are the self proclaimed #1 SOB, what did you expect?--------Larry :rolleyes:

Edited by Larry White

Hello: Looks like the trash talking has begun and it is only Monday. I think by Thursday someone is going to be talking about somones Momma ;-) Thanks, Eric

<_< Now thats a good Idea.... Larry! you give me any problems and I will give my Mom your phone # :blink: